United charging for carry on for basic economy fare

It's not a change, it's an additional, extremely basic, booking category. People don't have to book now, they just need to be aware of all the restrictions on whatever fare they choose.

If it's like Delta, this fare has limited availability. I rarely see it on Delta.

If it's anything like Delta, they will only offer a small number of these fares per flight. So there will not likely be dozens of passengers with this fare. For the heck of it, I put in my dates for July for PIT/LAX, it was not offered.

United is now finally offering these fares for sale beginning today.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...nomy-fares-now-sale-american-united/98213256/

(Note: When I tested the link in Firefox, clicking directly took me to a "subscription" page; copying and pasting the link to my browser worked fine. YMMV)

United followed American later Tuesday by revealing that its first Basic Economy fares had gone on sale on certain flights between Minneapolis/St. Paul and seven of its hub cities (Chicago O’Hare, Denver, Houston Bush International, Los Angeles, Newark, San Francisco and Washington Dulles).

Obviously, these seven routes shouldn't impact WDW related travel. Even if you were searching for fares connecting from MSP to MCO through one of these hubs, I would guess that UA won't offer the new Basic Economy fare as an option, unless it was also being sold (and was available) from the hub to MCO as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter