Unconfirmed - Cruise line stocks rally after CDC said to allow mid-summer cruise restart

Pulled from the article:

• Yesterday, reports indicated that cruise companies do not need to mandate vaccines in order to resume travel.
Well, someone might want to tell NCL that :oops: :thumbsup2 And no, this is not a continuation of a vaccine discussion (which has it's own thread). Just kind of pointing out that this article if rife with....uh.....incorrect info perhaps?

Pulled from the article:

• Yesterday, reports indicated that cruise companies do not need to mandate vaccines in order to resume travel.
Sounds like a mash-up of misinformation to include Florida's executive order stating that companies cannot require vaccinations of employees or customers.

Yeah, lots of new cruises and temporary itineraries have been announced recently, none from the US. Maybe demand for those is strong and justifies investor confidence? I’m not in a geographical position to easily fly in to any of the ports available to make it feasible, personally, so I haven’t even looked at the RCI site to see what’s available.

Maybe there have been more detailed talks between parties about reasonable dates to initiate trial sailings and move to phases 2B and 3, but getting all out restart plans and dates within a week of the CDC’s 2A announcement seems a bit too optimistic, even for me.

"CDC is committed to working with the cruise industry and seaport partners to resume cruising following the phased approach outlined in the conditional sail order,” spokeswoman Jade Fulce said, apparently in direct response to questions regarding Carnival’s statement. “This goal aligns with the desire to resume passenger operations in the United States expressed by many major cruise ship operators and travelers; hopefully by mid-summer with restricted revenue sailings.”

https://cruiseradio.net/did-carniva...ack-down-sailings-could-resume-by-mid-summer/

^^ That's very encouraging with one caveat. The CDC spokesperson can say that and still change very little in the CSO. The CSO does provide for a restart with restrictive sailings before November.

Last edited:
I know RCCL looked at the technical guidance and doubled down on "all CSO and tech guidance should be removed!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter