UMP vs AP

Donald Duck 57

Mouseketeer
Hi All,
We are going home for 8 days 9 nights in August. We plan on going to the water parks while we are there,would it be better for us to buy a UMP or an AP. The next time we come home will probably be after our AP is due for renewal. Which would you do?:confused:

If you will be going to the water parks, DQ and/or PI...and will not have another trip within 12 months, the UMP (with 10% DVC discount) will likely be cheaper than an AP.

If you can find a way to squeeze in another trip- the AP will probably work better.

Here is a link to <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm"> ticket prices</a> here at DIS.

and your ability to make the most of yours when comparing an UMP and a regular AP if you are unable to get 2 decent trips in within a year's time utilizing the APs.

If you don't plan to go into the parks on your date of arrival or departure, make sure you ask at the front desk to not inlcude those dates when purchasing your UMP's.

If your plans include spending the day at a water park and not going into one of the theme parks on that day, you may want to look into the 7 day park hopper plus passes. These give you 7 days in the parks and 4 "plus" features, which is Pleasure Island or any water park. The great thing about these is that any park or plus features you have left over at the end of your trip doesn't expire..you can use them on your next trip...next year, or 20 years from now.

I always find the best method to determine the best past value is to take the price list for all the different options and divide it by the number of days we plan to be in the parks to determine what the best per day cost will be. This site always has the latest pricing information available!

Have a good trip!

It really depends on what you want to do. We make (so far) one trip a year for two weeks, it is cheaper for us to purchase AP.:) :) :)

I am in a similar situation except part of my group already have premium annual passes - does that exclude the other members from getting an UMP? - i.e., do all members of the party have to get a UMP?:cool:

JackBat -

According to Disney policy, all members of your party must purchase the UPH passes for the entire length of your stay. However, there are reportedly exceptions made once you actually get to the resort.

It is my understanding that if you tell the CM that some members have an AP or PAP, they will still sell the remaining people in your party the UPH passes.

Also, it is often reported than the CM at the resort will drop either the day of arrival or day of departure (and sometimes both) if you ask nicely. This is especially helpful if you arrive very late in the day or have an early flight out on the last day.

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter