Ulu cafe--Cats??

Discussion in 'Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa' started by boysmom5150, Jun 19, 2016.

1. poohgirl6

poohgirl6 I dream of Stormalong Bay

This is very interesting. Please post pics or updates of the "XL Monster Storm" that Hawaii is supposed to be getting. I know the big swells will prob be primarily on the North Shore, but the Ko Olina Lagoons were so flat when we were there that I'd love to see it any other way.:sail:

2. tgropp

tgropp DIS Veteran

It was windy this morning but it is not bad now but they will not let us out anywhere in the courtyard. We were at the North Shore on Friday and there were no surfers out due to changing winds and unsafe conditions. I have seen worse wind storms on Lake Huron but there were supposed to be 50 foot waves on the northern part of the island. Very interesting weather the two weeks we have been on Oahu

poohgirl6 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Minn126

Minn126 Earning My Ears

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

5. Minn126

Minn126 Earning My Ears

Saw the cat yesterday by the shaved ice hit. And yes the waves today looked more like North Shore’s normal and not Ko’Olina’s. I tried to post a pic but could not figure out how.

poohgirl6 likes this.
  6. tgropp

tgropp DIS Veteran

I just went to get my coffee. There is no wind but plenty of vegetation damage. I would think a lot of the smaller stuff will have to be replanted. Sorry, not sure on how to post pictures and Disney is very quick at cleaning things up

poohgirl6 likes this.
  7. happymommy

happymommy DIS Veteran

I used to live on Oahu, and yes the mongoose was brought to control the (still bad) rat population. Unfortunately, one is active in the day, and the other is nocturnal, so it didn't do anything to help! Rats are still a HUGE problem (trust me, been there, had them).

Snakes, please don't go there! Every plane from Guam is inspected intensely for snakes. They didn't previously have them, then some rat snakes got on Guam, killed all the song birds (and they're dangerous). Hawaii has no snakes, other than two same sex and the zoo. If any go on the islands, they would kill the birds.

Side note: Hawaii has no snakes, also no seagulls and fireflies! Rarely lightning too (in 3 years, I heard thunder once and it freaked me out). You likely won't ever hear thunder! Took my 1,000 nights to heart it!