UK cruisers. ID needed to get off boat?

Lindy Loo

DIS Veteran
As I understand it as we come from the Uk we have to give in our passports as we get on the boat. So if we have to have ID to get off at each port how does this work?
We have OLD style driving licences, however this has no photo id. Anyway our Dd is only 4, so her passport is her ONLY form of ID.

If we black and white photocopied our passports and laminated them would this be accepted please?

Any help much appreciated!

I don't have the new style driving licence so when we check in at Port Canaveral, the CMs photocopy our passports ans that is what we use to get on and off the ship - no need to laminate them!!

David

I know that anyone under the age of 18 does NOT need a photo ID.to get on/off the ship.....So that helps a wee bit..I would definitely be in contact with DCL to clarify the adult situation.. :goodvibes

Hi Lindy Loo,

Same applies here in Ireland. I went to the local police station and got an ID card (used maily for students to gain entry to nightclubs) and that's what I'll use on our cruise. My dd (6) won't need any form of photo ID once I have her birth cert and this ID for me and DH.

HTH..Moira.

Thanks for the replies, anyone else got any info ???

I hope they will just copy our passports and me and DH can use these. As for dd4, I dont want to bring birth certificate ( its not photo id anyway) so as stated, shes under 18, so should be ok.

Thanks

I love the fact everyone here knows soooooooooooo much! :cheer2:

Hi

Just wanted to wish you a happy holiday.

We have new style photo driving licences, so have used them.

The new photo driving licences are the best option and I changed mine due to the many trips I have taken to the USA, Even at WDW driving from resort to resort I was asked for photo ID.

My wife doesn't have one, they will if asked take a copy of the passport photo page and certify that for you and they will let UK cruisers on and off with that.

On my last trip they had a black and white copier so I gave them a scanned colour photocopy instead to help.

The kids do not need it. I think my Photo D/L helped as once one member of the party was ID'd and all were on the same room and surname they often didn't bother checking the others.
They take your passports into custody on arrival at DCL check in and you collect them back at 6am on the last day just before breakfast and disembarkation.

Now what you need its that telepathic ID card the Doctor in 'Doctor Who' uses to identify himself everywhere, that would solve all the problems!

Andrew love the last couple of lines in your info !!! :rotfl2:

Thanks I will have to look into getting a new DL. Wonder what the cost is?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter