• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UHP and/or 7 day PHP with DQ

KandK'smom

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I wanted to try to understand something and get your opinions of what we should do when purchasing our tickets. We are going to Disney next summer and will be arriving on Sat., June 14 in the late PM. We will check out early on Sunday, June 22. I had thought we would stay at the Poly when we check in on Sat. and not go to the parks until Sun. Our 12 year old wants to go to DisneyQuest. I know that the UHP passes include DQ and the PHP don't which leads me to believe we should all get the UHP. ( Except if we find a deal on AP rates before then and would want to buy one in order to get the rate) . My question is, on Mousesavers it suggests to wait till you get there to buy the UHP in order to "lop off" the first late day and last early day. But in trying to find out the costs it shows a 6nt/7day rate and then a 7nt/8day rate. If we wanted to use Sun to Sat, wouldn't that be 7 day/7nt? How would they adjust the cost? I apologize if there is an easy explanation for this, but I just can't see it. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks everyone!

I'm almost certain you'd be buying a 6 night/7 day pass in the example you gave. The passes are charged per "night" but they actually are good from the time you check in until midnight of the day you check out. Lopping off a day on each end makes things a bit confusing, but basically it should work the same way.

In your example, your pass would be good from park opening on Sunday (9:00 am or so) through midnight on Saturday. You'd be paying for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights. Even though the pass is good until midnight on Saturday, that's not considered another "night" -- it's considered the 7th day of your pass.

I haven't done this myself, so if I'm incorrect I'm sure someone will post a correction.

In your example I believe it would actually a better deal for you to buy the UHPs... the 6 night/7 day UHP only costs about $6 more per adult than the 7-Day Park Hopper Plus and $4 more per kid -- and you'd be getting Disney Quest included.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

You might want to check into the 7 Day PHP, 308.46 (or cheaper if you buy from one of the discount ticket brokers). It doesn't include Disney Quest (26.13) but unused days never expire! And it comes with 4 admissions of choice into BB, TL, RC, PI and Wide World Sports. So if it rains or there is a day when you just need to take a break from the parks, you won't be paying for a day you aren't using. If you don't use all 7 days or all 4 pluses, you go home with those days left on your pass to use on your next visit!:p With the UHP you get Disney Quest but you also go home with nothing whether you've been in the parks all 7 days or not.....just a thought. ~:)~

If you're leaving early on Saturday, then you only have six park days. Correct? I believe you would save $ if you bought 6-day park hoppers and just paid for DQ.

tar heel,
We are planning on checking out early on Sunday to drive home. I doubt if we will use the parks that day (although I am sure we will all just dread leaving them!), so I think what Mary said makes sense to me. If anyone has actually bought UHP passes when they check in and had the desk managers take off the first/last day, what is the preferred method of payment? We would like to not have to put that much on a credit card- will they accept traveler's checks or cashier's checks? Thanks again for all of your help! We are starting to save now!

Hi KandK's Mom
We are traveling down to WDW in mid-April and I debated the same question awhile ago...I have a PAP and my two teens want to see all the parks, probably at least one water park and they definately want to do Disney Quest! I considered a 6 or 7 day hopper plus and buying a separte admission to DQ, but am going with UMP's & I am planning on dropping the last day for the girls, as we are leaving early am our last day.
We are splitting our stay also, so we have to buy two separte WMP's, dropping the last day at both resorts! (Wish me luck!)
Both of the teens (15&16) have worked part-time and saved thier own money for thier passes (Mom forked out the air-hotel-my pass and will be spending $$ for food) so they are planning on paying, probably in cash for the UMP passes when we check in. They also have some Disney Dollars saved too for whatever they wish to buy!

Mary from Mousesavers has a link(Under tickets/passes) to Micheals VIP Ticket website. He explains about all ticket prices etc. Check it out...It really helped me..I also emailed him and he gave me alot of helpful hints!
Best of luck to you!

One important thing to note about Ultimate Park Hopper passes. If you purchase them at the resort, you can usually drop the first OR the last day - NOT BOTH. This may be helpful in your decision.

. If anyone has actually bought UHP passes when they check in and had the desk managers take off the first/last day, what is the preferred method of payment? We would like to not have to put that much on a credit card- will they accept traveler's checks or cashier's checks?

You can pay however you wish - no problem.

We have also bought discounted DisneyQuest tickets from floridaorlandotickets.com. We got the tickets that came with a $10.00 PH gc and a front of the line coupon. We found that to be a great deal!

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter