Uh-Oh Did I just buy counterfeit Lucky Brand Jeans?

luvmy3

<font color=green>When I drink I find its easier t
I just purchased 3 pair of Lucky Brand Jeans from target.com for under $80. They are all 75% of the $100+ original price. The more I thought about it, I thought it was too good to be true so I went back to "investigate" the pics on Target's site and I think they really are fakes :scared1:. Is it possible that a retailer as large ar Target could be selling counterfeit goods?
Anyone else ever buy their LBJs from Target?

Hmmm. Not sure about the jeans, but I remember reading a post somewhere on here that was talking about Target now getting shipments of high end things in every once in a while...I think they were talking about handbags though.

I can't begin to think that Target would sell counterfeit goods. I just ordered 2 pair! You can't BEAT that price!!! And with 2 pair, the shipping was free! :banana: Thank you for posting!

Target is selling ugly awful Ed Hardy bags now. I have never seen Lucky jeans there. However, I have seen Lucky, Sevens, and some other higher end brands at certain TJ Maxx's. These TJ Maxx's are designated and called something different-- Catwalk at TJ Maxx or TJ Maxx couture or something like that.

OK, I've never bought these jeans...what are the differences between the different styles?

Doubtful that they are fake. The other day I saw RL polos there and they looked real.

Is it possible that they are just a spin-off line of Lucky? Like, at Walmart they have Baby Phat jeans for $20 but they are a Baby Phat line made specifically for Walmart.

I know there are other examples of lines like this but I can't think of any more at the moment.

Is it possible that they are just a spin-off line of Lucky? Like, at Walmart they have Baby Phat jeans for $20 but they are a Baby Phat line made specifically for Walmart.

I know there are other examples of lines like this but I can't think of any more at the moment.

Like Baby Phat, Liz Claiborne and RL also do lines that are only available at discount stores.

Walmart also has a liz claiborne line called such and such by liz claiborne. Only available at walmart.

I can't remember where I saw the RL line, but I know I did. FWIW Ralph lauren differentiates some of his lines by lable color. Black is the really high end stuff and green is the Lauren line, I can't remember the others.

Like Baby Phat, Liz Claiborne and RL also do lines that are only available at discount stores.

Walmart also has a liz claiborne line called such and such by liz claiborne. Only available at walmart.

I can't remember where I saw the RL line, but I know I did. FWIW Ralph lauren differentiates some of his lines by lable color. Black is the really high end stuff and green is the Lauren line, I can't remember the others.

Yeah. Thank you. That's the idea I was going for. Maybe this Lucky line at Target is something similar.

I work in retail & what you are referring to, I think, is wholesale accounts. Our first quality exclusive items are only sold in our own retail stores, but we have several wholesale accounts (Target being one of them) in which we sell a lesser version of our product. It could be a lesser quality material, packaging, ingredients, etc. but you're still getting the brand. This is done all over the retail world!

You should see the beautiful Coach purse that I just bought in Nassau last week for $40.00 -- duh. I know it's fake, but I love it.

Thank you for posting I just ordered two pairs yay!! I would think that if the regular retail price is $110 these are most likely the real deal and are just being discounted for a while, that is what it says on the website "temporary price discount" After I placed my order this disclaimer popped up:

We cannot confirm the price of an item until your order enters the shipping process nor will we charge your credit card until your order enters the shipping process.

Please note that your Order Acknowledgement means that your order request has been received; it does not mean that your order has been shipped or that the price of an item has been confirmed.

Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items on our Web site may be mispriced. As part of our shipping procedures, we verify price before an item is shipped out.

If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and ship you the item.

If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price we will cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation via email.

I am not so confident in my order now, I guess I will wait and see what happens.

I just searched the site and couldn't find any lucky jeans. Can you post a link please? All I wear is lucky, so I'm pretty surexi could tell the difference.

Our Costco was selling Lucky Brand Jeans the other day as well for $35. I checked them out and considered buying a pair but the fabric seemed much thinner than my other pair so I decided to pass. This might be the case with the Target pair as well.

I work in retail & what you are referring to, I think, is wholesale accounts. Our first quality exclusive items are only sold in our own retail stores, but we have several wholesale accounts (Target being one of them) in which we sell a lesser version of our product. It could be a lesser quality material, packaging, ingredients, etc. but you're still getting the brand. This is done all over the retail world!

Okay this makes sense because when I was looking at the pic I noticed the stitching was off in a spot on the pocket and there was a thread hanging off of a beltloop. I thought that if a store sold seconds or irregulars they would have to be marked as such? Maybe they are just lesser, but wouldn't the price be lesser too? :laughing: These are on temp. markdown (daily deal I think, the men's was still regular price) but their original price was $110. If they are the lesser version, why would anyone spend $100 on them when they can get the top quality ones for the same price. I'm so confused, I'll just have to wait until the get here and I can see them in person.
Thanks, you definitely put my mind at ease, lesser I don't mind but I wouldn't want to find out they are fakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter