• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Ugh! Universal is impossible!

Laura_Dee_

Earning My Ears
Trying to plan a trip for June. Want to get annual passes but Universal still will not release info on whether they will include Volcano Bay! I would love to stay at Cabana Bay but if we want express passes we will pay $500 more for the trip then if we just stay at a premium resort where the passes are included. Would love to know what the APH rates are for June but again Univeral hasn't released that! Nothing seems to be working out and I'm starting to feel like I'm ready to switch our plans to Disney! Does Universal realize that families would like to start planing their summer vacations? Obviously they don't care much I guess...

I am waiting for AP rates for Memorial weekend so I definitely feel your pain. :guilty: Last year, APH rates for that time frame were released in April sometime. Of course, with Volcano Bay opening that weekend, there's a chance I won't even have an AP rate option and I just don't know if I can justify paying rack rate for one of the hotels that offer unlimited express pass. I can't switch my plans to Disney . . . . because we are going to Disney for 7 nights after that anyway. First World problems. :crazy2:

Book when you can live with the price for the room

Modify if ap rates come out

Use smsm general public code if you have # of nights they require
(Either 3 or 4 night stay, depending on the season rates)

UO releases ap rates at different times
Varies each year so no one can say when they will be released

I think what's hard to remember is APH rates are discounts they post to help fill rooms somewhat last minute. I view them more as a sales event so I understand why they don't release them too far in advance. (Although it stinks and I empathize with you guys!)

I think further complicating everything is the timing of Volcano Bay and the expected crowds for that. I've always felt like Universal cared-especially for repeat guests, but opening a brand new park is HUGE and I could see how things are more fluid.

I agree with booking it for a price you can stand and then leaving the door open for discounts you can switch too once you get a little closer.

Loews is definitely challenging the market with the original pricing this year as to summer dates I've checked.

The RPH has dropped nearly $150 a day for 2 days in July I've been monitoring.

It pays to keep checking and keep an eye on the date & read thread here:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter