• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UCONN Basketball Could Leave over compensation dispute; Debate!

DawnCt1

<font color=red>I had to wonder what "holiday" he
Connecticut hasn't met a law it doesn't like. Coaches Jim Calhoun and Gino Auriama have 7 national championships between them as they coached the mens' and womens' UConn Basketball teams to victory. They are paid by the State of Ct. In addition to their salaries, both engage in outside deals. Calhoun advertizes for Webster Bank. Gino make cut a deal with Nike Sneakers. These outside deals do not interfere with their coaching, infringe on University time, etc. An "ethics" law in Ct. is now about to be either legislated or enforced that says that "no state employee can capitalize on their fame". How ridiculous is that! The bottom line is, if this happens, Jim and Gino will either demand more money, thus costing the tax payers more money or they will go to another state which will not place these restrictions on them; again resulting in a financial loss for the state. UConn basketball games produce a lot of revenue, notariety for the school and are always sold out. Well, you know how I feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter