• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uber Pickup / Drop off Question

Kathy Chang

kathyinOC
Hi everyone,

We are staying at POR and I wanted to confirm the best way to get to each park. We plan to do rope drop for EMH each morning of our stay, and may take Uber just to avoid multiple bus stops on the Disney busses.

1. I think I read somewhere that POR can have Uber pick up at our room location instead of the lobby? Is that correct?

2. Are there specific places to be dropped off for each resort? For example, I read somewhere that we should Uber to Contemporary and walk over to MK (5 min?) instead of being dropped off at the TTC. Are there any other tips like that for the other parks?

Thank you in advance!

In #2, I think you meant to ask whether there are drop off spots at each theme park. I used Uber a couple of weeks ago to go from an offsite hotel to DHS in the early afternoon. The driver received a pass from the parking lot gate attendant. As he was driving to wherever the designated drop off spot was, another parking lot attendant stopped him to suggest that I take the tram that was nearby and just about ready to go. He said it would drop me closer to the entrance, so I did that. It was actually a fun way to start my afternoon. I'm not sure if they do that at other parks, but that was my recent experience. As far as getting back to my resort, I walked over to BWI to get an Uber. It seemed like it would be less chaotic than at the park. It was.

Hi everyone,

We are staying at POR and I wanted to confirm the best way to get to each park. We plan to do rope drop for EMH each morning of our stay, and may take Uber just to avoid multiple bus stops on the Disney busses.

1. I think I read somewhere that POR can have Uber pick up at our room location instead of the lobby? Is that correct?
POR staff are not involved. You request the ride from the app on your smart phone, and the driver should go to wherever you place the pin. At multi-building resorts with parking by the room (except CSR), if you make the request from your building, the pin should drop there & the driver should go there. You can check in the app that the pin is in the right place, and you can watch the location of the car as it approaches. If you see the driver going to the front lobby instead of your room, you can phone or text him within the app to set him straight.
2. Are there specific places to be dropped off for each resort? For example, I read somewhere that we should Uber to Contemporary and walk over to MK (5 min?) instead of being dropped off at the TTC. Are there any other tips like that for the other parks?
There are designated pickup locations for all parks.
  1. MK is at TTC, behind the taxis. Of course, you can also walk to CR and request the ride from there.
  2. Epcot is in the lot behind Disney bus stop #7, next to the taxi stand.
  3. DHS is at the taxi stand area, in the corner of the parking lot near the bus stop for Pop Century.
  4. AK is along the curb in front of the taxis.
  5. At DS, there are 2 pickup locations:
    1. On the West Side, in the Strawberry parking lot, at the end of the walkway between Cirque du Soleil & HOB
    2. At the Marketplace, in the former Disney bus loop, behind the Christmas store and Puck Express.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter