Uber/Lyft from LAX

Sunstar

Mouseketeer
Has anyone taken an Uber or Lyft from LAX to a good neighbor hotel? Was it easy? I've been pricing out transportation options and they seem to be the cheapest options. I'm also going to need a car seat and I know that, at least around us, you can get cars with car seats provided.

Uber/Lift is super easy, but it's usually not the least expensive. How many people are in your group? How much luggage do you have (do you need an Uber XL)? Super Shuttle and the Disney Express are other options to check out.

Uber/Lift is super easy, but it's usually not the least expensive. How many people are in your group? How much luggage do you have (do you need an Uber XL)? Super Shuttle and the Disney Express are other options to check out.
2 adults and a 5 year old. Probably 2-3 suitcases and same for carry-ons.

We always use Lyft from LAX to Disney and back. Simply give the date, time, location of pickup and your destination, and stipulate you need a carseat for a child(what size). Last couple trips Lyft drivers picked us up at the Grand about 3:45am to get us to LAX for morning flights to Dallas. Clean, comfortable cars, and great drivers! :car:

We always use Lyft from LAX to Disney and back. Simply give the date, time, location of pickup and your destination, and stipulate you need a carseat for a child(what size). Last couple trips Lyft drivers picked us up at the Grand about 3:45am to get us to LAX for morning flights to Dallas. Clean, comfortable cars, and great drivers! :car:
Is there any extra charge for the car seat?

Uber/Lift is super easy, but it's usually not the least expensive.

What do you consider the cheapest for 3 adults? I'm not willing to do a lot of connections with buses and trains that eat up a lot of time that we don't have. We'll end up needing transportation to/from SNA to DLR and transportation to/from DLR to Universal Studios? I was leaning towards trying Uber or Lyft? Is one cheaper than the other California?

I'd love to hear opinions as well ... my 13 year old and I are flying in to LAX at like 1030pm on a Saturday, so the Dis Express is out. The Super Shuttle and Uber are my two other options.

I'd love to hear opinions as well ... my 13 year old and I are flying in to LAX at like 1030pm on a Saturday, so the Dis Express is out. The Super Shuttle and Uber are my two other options.

Please consider Lyft, too :) Slightly more ethical company who treats their drivers awesome.

We use Lyft for 3 people (DW, DS12 me) and it's great.

There may be cheaper options, but you will have to sacrifice time and/or comfort. With Lyft, we are in the car in minutes and to the park as quickly as possible. We pack everything in backpacks, so time from plane to park is as minimal as possible. :D

Also, if you rideshare, please choose Lyft over Uber. Uber has no ethics whatsoever.

Please consider Lyft, too :) Slightly more ethical company who treats their drivers awesome.

While I do consider Lyft as grouped in with Uber (sorry!), the last experience I had with them was not the best. They alerted me that I had 50% off rides, but when I went to use it, the "original" price was double that of Uber. (This was in New Orleans a few weeks ago) ... so I'll consider, but I am not loyal to either. THank you, though!

While I do consider Lyft as grouped in with Uber (sorry!), the last experience I had with them was not the best. They alerted me that I had 50% off rides, but when I went to use it, the "original" price was double that of Uber. (This was in New Orleans a few weeks ago) ... so I'll consider, but I am not loyal to either. THank you, though!

I'm sorry you had a poor experience. Did you contact Lyft to see if they'd do anything about it?

Neither company, IMO, is flawless. However, Uber has a rather sordid history, including:
  1. Tracking users even after the ride is over
  2. Building a system to help drivers break the law
  3. Underpaying drivers
  4. Stealing technology from a competitor
  5. Sexual harassment of employees

Ehh as someone who drives both, they hide it better than Uber. Most of their shooting themselves in the foot is behind the scenes, whereas Uber for a good chunk of the year was like watching the tech version of Days of our Lives. Keep in mind also Lyft has a bit of a lower driver/rider volume, so they may have a longer wait as well to get a driver. Up in the bay area if I have Lyft up, I'll sometimes get ride requests 20+ minutes away, which I have to decline otherwise I lose money.

Also keep in mind for the driver end, up front pricing has all but eliminated the 75/25% cuts between driver and Uber/Lyft. It's now a flat rate per mile/minute + ride origination fee + any applicable surges for our pay, regardless of what they charge you. So if it's a high charge, don't take it out on your driver, we have no control over it.

@Sunstar We've used a bubblebum for 3 years now when we travel. My husband deflates it and shoves it in his carry-on. We've used it with Uber and had no problems. It just takes a few seconds to get situated. My sister-in-law is a certified car seat technician here in Texas and she recommended the bubblebum. It's the worth small the investment.

We did it last year from Lax to DLH during Thanksgiving week and it was our cheapest/most convenient option for 4 people. It was like $60 for a Lyft plus. I don’t know if they would have car seats though; I’ve never seen one with a car seat but I also never ask for one. If you are not going to be bringing car seats with y’all then maybe I would look into a option with guaranteed car seats.

I super shuttled a couple years ago from LAX and I’ve felt safer in crazy taxi rides in multiple foreign countries. Not exaggerating. I ubered to/from LAX/DLH the next time and it was great. Uber vs Lyft idk, we Ubered because their first time discount codes were bigger than Lyft‘s.

Check out the Mifold booster also. Super compact and easy to shove in a backpack. Buy Buy Baby and amazon have them.

I super shuttled a couple years ago from LAX and I’ve felt safer in crazy taxi rides in multiple foreign countries. Not exaggerating. I ubered to/from LAX/DLH the next time and it was great. Uber vs Lyft idk, we Ubered because their first time discount codes were bigger than Lyft‘s.
We had the same super shuttle experience.

A note to those needing a ride from sna: we came in Monday night. Uber was a 30 min wait. We decided to use a taxi. It was $40ish plus tip. It was there waiting. Clean, new leather van. We took a cab about 5 years ago and also had a great experience there. But between then we’ve ubered a couple of times and used a couple of different shuttles. Once a family shuttle was the cheapest option since there were 8 of us. I think it was through supershuttle and we had no issues on that ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter