Uber from Wilderness Lodge to Port Canaveral - How long would you allow?

mmbrad02

DIS Veteran
If you had an PAT of 11:30, what time would you request your Uber, if staying at Wilderness Lodge? Just looking for a general idea, I know there are a lot of what if scenario's that could play into this but for the most part we are looking to arrive as close to PAT as possible (and would rather go on the safe side and arrive early than late) and do not plan to make any stops (I realize we would have to request a second Uber anyway if we did that)

If that was me... I'd leave two hours in advance just to be sure since you'll be more or less 60-70 minutes from the port.

You are both right... I do like to be cautious, but I did say as close to as possible just because I know its stressed that you don't arrive outside of your time. I was reading another trip review and something I didn't think about was character pics in the waiting area (Captain Mickey or Minnie?). So by leaving early, would that help with the time to wait for these characters?

Yes it should leave time for characters. You always want to be early for that. I live near Tampa and drive to PC and it takes me just under 3 hours. It's about an hour from WDW if traffic is good. I've made in in just under 50 min from WDW and then it's taken about 1:15 min due to slower drivers (it's only 2 lanes a large majority of the way) and if there's an accident etc.
If you definitely want to meet and greet at the port, I'd allow 2 hours from WDW.

We stayed at WL before our cruise last Oct: we were picked up at 1103a and arrived in PC at 1226p (I just checked my Lyft history). I think it took about 15-20 minutes for the uber to arrive after we requested it.

We stayed at WL before our cruise last Oct: we were picked up at 1103a and arrived in PC at 1226p (I just checked my Lyft history). I think it took about 15-20 minutes for the uber to arrive after we requested it.
How much was your fare? Trying to compare against DCL transfer rates.

We just did a Mears limo from the Port to Wilderness Lodge when deparking a cruise ship, and it took just over an hour. But that was early morning. I'd say at least 1 hour and 15 minutes, depending on time of day and traffic.

s
We had an XL: $140 including tip
We are playing on staying on Disney property the night before our cruise. We've never done a ride service. Did you use Lyft or Uber and did you set the pick up the night before or the morning of?

We Ubered from WL to Port Canaveral on 10/7/29. We did an XL because we had quite a bit of luggage plus us 3 passengers. Our total was 111.64 before tip. We requested our Uber at 9:17 and he must have been very close by. He was at WL in less than five minutes. We tried to request our Uber the night before but the app would not allow us.

We Ubered from WL to Port Canaveral on 10/7/29. We did an XL because we had quite a bit of luggage plus us 3 passengers. Our total was 111.64 before tip. We requested our Uber at 9:17 and he must have been very close by. He was at WL in less than five minutes. We tried to request our Uber the night before but the app would not allow us.
Thank you for the info 😊

We are doing a Minnie in Nov, and our PAT is 11:30. They recommended a 9:30 pickup to allow for construction and traffic

don't forget you can now 'SCHEDULE' an Uber pickup, this way the driver knows in advance that he/she must be at your pick-up location at a certain time - drivers can accept the call and plan accordingly

So by leaving early, would that help with the time to wait for these characters?

Certainly arriving early will give you time for characters. However, in my experience the longest queues for the characters in the terminal are before boarding begins -- and boarding typically begins around 11:15/11:30. Arriving closer to that time will significantly lessen the waits for characters. I wouldn't arrive considerably early just for the characters as there are plenty of opportunities onboard as well. The characters help with the wait time in the terminal, but I prefer to reduce that by arriving slightly later rather than earlier. Just my thoughts...

Enjoy your cruise!

I would allow and hour and half for your ride. I live in Titusville and it takes me an hour to get to Celebration, the port is really not that much further and you just stay on the 528.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter