Uber at WDW and car seats

Jo2019

Mouseketeer
Hi is it possible to hire an Uber with a carseat for our toddler? We do not have Uber in my area so am hoping someone can shed some light. Was thinking it would be nice to call an uber or taxi if the little one is too tired to wait for the bus back to the resort. Tks

Last edited:
Yep. You just have to choose that option in the app like if you wanted Uber x. It’s super easy.

Just a quick FYI, I believe the UberFamily option (I think that's what it's technically called) stopped enrolling people in Orlando so their numbers might decrease as enrolled drivers stopped driving.

And if you're at magic kingdom you'd either have to walk to the contemporary to get one or take the monorail to the TTC, so personally I'd just wait for the bus.

ETA: Since I think the carseat is driver supplied, I'm not sure if it would be rear facing/forward facing or a bucket seat. I have read reports of people having to cancel rides because the installed seat is a bucket seat.

What park are you thinking from?

Would you consider a Minnie Van? If you’re at MK, they can pick you up by the buses instead of you having to walk to Contemporary or take the monorail to TTC. We got a Minnie Van after our MK day on our last visit and even though it was pricy, it was worth it to us with an exhausted 3 and 2 year old and a really long bus line (plus we were exhausted too!) Within a few minutes we were on our way. The Minnie Van always has 2 convertible car seats in it.

We have not used UberFamily, but were very happy with our Minnie Van experience.

I have used Uber with the carseat option in Orlando and specifically at WDW. It was great, there were a lot more available at WDW than there was when we were at Universal. To the point where we couldn't get one AT ALL from Discovery Cove back to Universal and we were stuck there. That was not fun. But at WDW they were plentiful. This was in 2017.
All the ones we used had fantastic new seats that were installed correctly, the cost is $10 on top of the normal cost of the Uber.
This trip we will have two kids that need car seats so we will use the Minnie Vans if needed as they supply two car seats in the fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter