U Save Car Rentals

4 DZNY NUTZ

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone...

We are planning our next trip for December 2008 and we will need to rent a car. I have done this once before at Orlando airport with Alamo rental & it was a nightmare. Not the car, just the waiting in line etc. Anyway, I found this really inexpensive car rental company, U save car rental & we can get a minivan for the whole week for 206.00 which is a lot cheaper than the other rental companies I have priced out. The company must be offsite of the airport because they tell you to use the phone at baggage claim to call for the shuttle. My question is, has anybody used them before and are they any good? I know my peeps on the DISboards would have all the answers.

Thanks in advance

I haven't heard of them. I would say beware if no one has reported using them. Do you really want your trip to start off badly because you tried to save a few dollars?

Hertz has a self serve lot called www.simplywheelz.com I know there have been good reports on them.

My brother used one of these "no name" offsite places years ago....

My brother is NOT a patient man. I think it got VERY UGLY!

The main details I recall...... He and my newphew went to get car leaving my SIL and Niece to get luggage. Took him about 90 minutes to get car. (And this was at around 11 pm!!! KIDS were TIRED)

He said he had to scream to get them to give him car without insurance.

His quote "I am never leaving Hertz again" LOL!

2 years ago when we went I used priceline (bidding) I got a compact for $11.00 dollars a day. Total for 10 days with tax was $160.00. Can't beat that. I will be using it again for our upcoming trip this fall.

I'd also avoid the small, local companies. Alamo should no longer have an issue with lines because they have a self-serve kiosk. We've used it several times and it's quick and easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter