U.S. map decal?

Timbo128

Earning My Ears
Who has the United States decal on their camper? I'm going to get one for mine. Do you add the state to the map when you visit, (pass through) or do you have to spend the night somewhere in the state for it to really count? :confused3

I use to go to other states to camp but since diesel is 5 bucks a gallon I just go to the fort. Maybe I could get Jen to make a decal out of the aerial map you get at check in and put that on the camper lol.

I think you actually are suppoed to stay at least a night to add the decal. Passing thru seems like cheating.

How about a Fort Decal with all the sites marked on it?? Then you could put a sticker for each site you stayed on!:thumbsup2 In all the years I've stayed at FtW, I have yet to stay in 600, 700 or 1400. I've never stayed in 2200 either. By the time they added that loop, we needed full hook-up. But, I know a few TERRIFIC people on this board who have stayed in 2200!! Does that count?

How about a Fort Decal with all the sites marked on it?? Then you could put a sticker for each site you stayed on!:thumbsup2 In all the years I've stayed at FtW, I have yet to stay in 600, 700 or 1400. I've never stayed in 2200 either. By the time they added that loop, we needed full hook-up. But, I know a few TERRIFIC people on this board who have stayed in 2200!! Does that count?

Ha....dh and I are on a mission to stay in each loop at least once! :thumbsup2 (dear Lord, help us afford it! haha)

We put a sticker on if we have stayed at least one night in that state in the motorhome. And it has to be a campsite...not a travel plaza or overnight at Walmart. :thumbsup2 Everyone has their own way of doing it though.

I don't have an actual map on my camper, but I do keep an electronic one, and it's actually where I have stopped for the night.

If you have made a pitstop, and left something in that state it should count. :rotfl:

You always have the I outdid your story don't ya???? Don't ya Debbie????:lmao:

I was going to say the same thing but my 900 loop would be all filled up and by the time it was over I'd have to put stickers over stickers of sites in that loop since we've been in them more than once. I'm hoping 900 isn't going premium. It's the best loop IMO. I like the shade and privacy those sites have.

You always have the I outdid your story don't ya???? Don't ya Debbie????:lmao:

I was going to say the same thing but my 900 loop would be all filled up and by the time it was over I'd have to put stickers over stickers of sites in that loop since we've been in them more than once. I'm hoping 900 isn't going premium. It's the best loop IMO. I like the shade and privacy those sites have.

I can't help it that women are more creative than men!!:lmao:

I have all the states I pulled a trailer through. Sometimes they look weird if you just put on the states where you stayed - all these gaps.

I have all the states I pulled a trailer through. Sometimes they look weird if you just put on the states where you stayed - all these gaps.

That's true, and I may change my tune if I ever actually go on a trip where I drive through a state without actually camping there, but so far I've planned my trips where I leave in the evening and stop for the night somewhere, so I've managed to fill in those gap states.

For example on my trip to Indiana, I made it a point to overnight in KY, just so I could fill in the state :-)

When I go to Maryland next month for work, I'll probably make it a point to overnight in VA so there is no gap.

That is one trip where I won't mind the price of gas at all. Work is paying me 58.5 cents a mile for driving on that trip :banana:

:cool1: You can get a good, inexpensive USA map decal by emailing USATravelersMap@aol.com.

You get a 5" x 8" map outline of the USA. White outline on clear polyester, UV/Weatherproof.

$5.00 each (free shipping), discount on larger quantities.

I think I smell me some spam... :sad2:

I do appreciate this thread, though - as we have been wondering how to do some sort of map. I think we've settled on getting an oval "euro style" sticker for each state we spend a night or more in - preferably the ones that have a little graphic incorporated (like VT with a moose, etc.) We've already towed through a few states without stopping, so it would look wierd on a map if we were only filling in states we stayed in. Now to find them for the states we've been in...I guess eBay is my best option.

Just trying to share some information! ;)

We took the kids to Epcot last fall. Personally, we only fill in the states we spend some time in. Doesn't have to be an overnight, but if we do something significant (sightseeing, etc.) we mark it. Doesn't bother me if there are gaps. It's silly but it's kind of incentive to spend time in all the states then!

Make sense? :confused:

Who has the United States decal on their camper? I'm going to get one for mine. Do you add the state to the map when you visit, (pass through) or do you have to spend the night somewhere in the state for it to really count? :confused3

I think you set up your own rules any way you want them. For us, crossing the state line is all it takes to get a state up on the map! I'm one of those people who can't stand a blank space on any form, so it bothers me to have all those blank states. ;)

That's the beauty of a free country!

BTW: You can google USA Map Decal on EBAY for some more maps...:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter