• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

'Typical' weekend hours in October

revwog1974

Mouseketeer
I think my DD6 and & are going Oct. 11-14, flying down from Portland after school on the 11th and coming home late afternoon Sunday the 12th. I haven't decided if we'll go into the parks 2 days or 3, going in for a few hours on Sunday before we have to leave. A 3 day park hopper gets us one MM which would be fantastic since she wants to ride Dumbo over-and-over and we've got so little time. But I'm wondering what the hours are likely to be on a weekend in October. With this price increase I'm feeling the need to make this decision now, not later.

DL will most likely be open on Friday, Sat and Sun from 8AM-12AM. Maybe 9AM-11/12.

DCA we're not sure yet because this summer will be the first time that the park's hours will be changing. If I had to guess, a typical weekend hours schedule for DCA will be 8AM-11PM.

Also be aware the the CHOC Walk (annual 5K walk to raise money for a children's hospital) will be on the 14th, which could change up the hours on Sunday. And the Mickey's Trick or Treat Party will close DL early on the Friday. DCA will be open late though.

I think my DD6 and & are going Oct. 11-14, flying down from Portland after school on the 11th and coming home late afternoon Sunday the 12th. I haven't decided if we'll go into the parks 2 days or 3, going in for a few hours on Sunday before we have to leave. A 3 day park hopper gets us one MM which would be fantastic since she wants to ride Dumbo over-and-over and we've got so little time. But I'm wondering what the hours are likely to be on a weekend in October. With this price increase I'm feeling the need to make this decision now, not later.

I think you mean you'll be returning on the 14th not 12th...

Here is a link to last years hours:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/park-hours.cfm?month=10&year=2011

Have fun!

Yes, I did mean coming home on the 14th. Will the CHOC walk make things extra crowded that day? Is it in the park?

Friday Oct 8 - Monday Oct 11, 2010
DCA Fri 10am-11p, Sat and Sunday 10am-10pm, Mon. 10a to 9p
DL Fri 8am-7pm, Sat-mon 8am-12am

Friday Oct 12 - Sunday Oct 14, 2007
DCA Fri 10am 6pm, Sat and Sun 10am-9pm
DL Fri-Sun 8am 12am

We went in Oct 2011 - I just don't seem to have the entertainment times guide from that trip. It seemed similar - except they are now doing Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween thing. On those nights DCA is open later and DL closes early for the event.

We went to it one night.

Also depending on the success of Cars Land - I would expect DCA to have expanded hours (much like was originally scheduled when DCA first opened but was soon reduced)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter