• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two Wilderness Lodge Questions

KDD

Earning My Ears
We just booked our next trip and we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We have never stayed in a Deluxe hotel before so we are so excited.

1. I have been searching the boards and have seen some people indicate they could see some of the high fireworks from their balconies. I was wondering if there are any places in the lodge where you could see more of the fireworks? I know the view will not be perfect or as good as the park, but was hoping we could possibly see a decent amount of Wishes from the resort.

2. Is there a microwave near the food court we could use to warm up some food we bring?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

We've stayed at the lodge over 10 times and the resort is pretty well ringed in by trees. The wing to the north, think it's north that faces the delivery and smoker area and otter pond might be the best bet for seeing the fireworks, but only the very high ones. We've gone down to the boat rental dock for the EWP and caught some of the high ones over the Contemporary Resort as well. There's a deck over the front of the resort with access from one of the floors, not sure of the floor number that's pretty large and might give you a good view of the show.

There's a micro wave in Roaring Forks for heating up food. We also had one in the WLV studio, very convenient. None in the regular rooms.

1. I have been searching the boards and have seen some people indicate they could see some of the high fireworks from their balconies. I was wondering if there are any places in the lodge where you could see more of the fireworks? I know the view will not be perfect or as good as the park, but was hoping we could possibly see a decent amount of Wishes from the resort.
. . . only the high fireworks
. . . there are no views with decent amount of fireworks
. . . for such views, you need GF/Poly/CR

2. Is there a microwave near the food court we could use to warm up some food we bring?
. . . there is a microwave inside Roaring Fork eatery

There is a microwave and a toaster in Roaring Forks, we used it for bagels.
The only views of high fireworks is a standard view in some of the high floors of north wing. I prefer the courtyard or woods view. High floor.
You'll love WL, it's a great resort. You can watch the Electric Water Parade from the beach, and sign up for Flag Family at check in. They pick one family a day, we haven't gotten it yet, but hear it's great.

Higher fireworks can also be seen from the last few rooms (closest to the lake) with Inner Courtyard Views on the higher floors in the South Wing.

If possible, try getting on the boat to MK or CR a few of minutes before the fireworks start. My grandson loved watching Wishes from the boat on the way back to WL. The taller the trees at WL get, the fewer views there are -- fireworks, lake, etc.

Thank you for all the replies. We may try catching the boat to see the fireworks.

We would like to see Wishes, but I don't want to get stuck in the park and not be able to get back to the hotel until really late.

. . . there are no views with decent amount of fireworks

I know there is at least one room with a picture perfect view of the castle and the fireworks at WL. The reason I know is a friend and I stayed there a year or so ago and got upgraded to the Concierge Level. The room we had overlooked the parking lot and barbecue kitchen and had a perfectly framed view of the castle and the fireworks through the trees. Rooms on either side probably had an obstructed view as the poster indicated, our room was perfect! As to the room number, I don't remember.:headache:

My friend was on his first visit, we were checking out the room when we got there looking off the balcony, hmmm, parking lot, barbecue kitchen and then he said...'AND THE CASTLE!':rotfl2: I wish I had a tape of the tone in his voice, he was like a kid all over again.

The trees may now be taller but for our visit it was a wonderful view, we saw the MNSSHP fireworks from the balcony through the monsoon that occurred that night, some employees were down below us catching fish in the parking lot!:rotfl:

I'm just back from WL. We had room #5006 and I thought it had a pretty good view of the MK fireworks. And the electric water pagent. Not perfect. But pretty nice! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Have a magical trip!! :)

We would like to see Wishes, but I don't want to get stuck in the park and not be able to get back to the hotel until really late.

I've never had a problem getting back to WL after Wishes. I stake out a viewing spot that's as close to the exit end of Main Street as possible (usually right by the train station), and as soon as the show is over, I turn and walk quickly to the boat dock. I can't remember a time when I couldn't catch the first boat back to WL.

Wishes is designed to be seen from inside the MK, and it's really worth being over there to see it.

This past June we stayed in a standard room overlooking the loading dock and smokehouse building; we could lay in bed and see the high fireworks;the room number was 5042. It's not a pretty view during the day but it was great a night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter