Two weeks at DVC?

My dad and I started doing 2 week vacations last October, after much convincing from me. Before it had always been a fast-paced one week vacation in March. It was over before it began.

But two weeks is really a great amount of time to spend in Orlando. Get AP's and you remove all fears of making your days count. We stay offsite at Marriott so APs pay for the parking and other perks. We've done a day at Seaworld (closest to where we stay) and keep saying we'll go back to Universal. I've been there once about 4 years ago and wasn't overly impressed.

Last trip earlier this month we did 10 days in the parks. Most were late starts or early departures mixed with lounges by the pool and restaurant hopping. We take time out for church on Sunday and go resort hopping. And we do a couple days at Downtown Disney. It's not unheard of to go to a park just for a parade or one attraction. Soak up the atmosphere.

We've added on DVC so we can extend our Marriott week with a 5 night DVC stay, without blowing our points or weeks. But we could be doing a 3 week stay next May to coincide with a business conference.

Having your own car is essential if you want to go elsewhere. Distances aren't far. But you'll find the attraction of Disney very seductive. I've been to Orlando 28 days in the last year and only spent one day outside of Disney.

The best thing about long stays is that you don't feel rushed. The "worst" is that others will be inviting themselves down with you for a few days. It becomes a home away from home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter