Two Terrific Low Carb Cookbooks!!

inky dinky doo

<font color=FF6699>I've got the best cure for the
I bought two terrific low carb cookbooks recently and love them so much I thought I'd recommend them to you.

The first is 500 Low Carb Recipes: 500 Recipes from Snacks to Dessert, That the Whole Family Will Love by Dana Carpender. The other is Everyday Low Carb Cooking: 240 Great-Tasting Low Carbohydrate Recipes the Whole Family Will Enjoy by Alex Haas.

Both books have recipes that are simple to prepare and have commonly found ingredients. Better yet, they have recipes that I think my family will love. I do a lot of "cooking ahead" on the weekends, and yesterday I made the Mexicali Meat Loaf and the Picnic Chicken from the Carpender book. Both are yummy!!

The Carpender book lists the carbs for every recipe; the Haas book lists the carbs for every ingredient.

Both books are going to get a workout at this house, and I thought you might want to pick them up, too.

Simple recipes---sounds right up my alley!!! Thanks, I will jot these titles down.:p

Thanks! I'm always looking for new ideas:D

Thanks for the heads up, I definitely need some simple ideas!! I am going to look these up now at Barnes and Noble..:)

I love the Carpender cookbook and use it a lot :)

Thanks for the recommendation. I have recently tried our local library. I usually go there to check out the books before I purchase. Guess what?--They had no books on the shelves. Everyone has whatever is available out on loan. I even checked their computer in case another library had one available with no luck. So, I was wondering how I would find info that I could value. Thank you so much for sharing...We are getting bored with our bland food preparations.

Originally posted by Tiger Lily 03
We are getting bored with our bland food preparations.

That's one of the reasons I am sooo glad I bought this book. I read somewhere -- either here or on another low carb bulletin board -- that one of the reasons people fail with any diet is that they get bored with what they are eating.

Plus, I love to cook! I always have! I don't cook gourmet, but I do love to try new things. For years, I've prepared Sunday dinner for my grown kids and their families. I don't do it nearly as much, though, since I started low carbing. It's just too complicated to do on a regular basis. But, I've missed doing it, and I think this book will give that back to me.

The recipes in this book are ones I know my whole family will enjoy, AND they will keep me from getting bored. If I get a craving, which I know I will eventually, I'll be able to find something in this book that will satisfy me yet still be "legal."

Good luck! I really hope you get the chance to check these books out! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Pat

163 days and counting . . . again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter