Two Questions

kid@heart

DIS Veteran
First, I just read about the teeth whitening in the spa. Has anyone done this? Does it work? Is it worth the money?

Second, how far out can we book on-line? We're in a Cat 3.

THANKS!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Can't help on the teeth whitening.

As a concierge guest you can book online at 105 days out.

I posted a simliar question ~1 mos. ago. Someone mentioned the "sensitivity" issue as a possible side effect and the need to only drink/eat clear liquids and foods for a time period.
I decided against it- I just can't have anything interfering w/ my EATING on the cruise.

Good Luck and Do What is Right for you! :flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1:

Only clear and WHITE foods. It was turkey on white bread with the crusts cut off and sprite for 24 hours +.

I can't imagine not having Palo souffle. YIKES.

I would save the teeth whitening for home - if your mouth & gums aren't prepped properly - you will surely regret having it done. No soda, red wine, anything staining for at least 24 hours. That would be a bummer. You might also be cold sensitive.

Totall agree - save this procedure for your family dentist. Try it a week or two before your cruise and you will have white teeth AND you can enjoy all the food on your cruise. Just not worth it at a spa - go to a professional dentist, please!!

Our dentist uses Brite Smile. I would go for a consult first. There was a significant coupon in his waiting room for this process. It was like $50 or more savings.

I use Oral B strips occassionally now. I like them better than Crest. Costco has sales buy 1, get 1 free once in a while. I try and drink colas and iced tea out of a straw to help out a bit more. I also chew gum after meals if I can't brush. After the procedure you can ONLY use white toothpaste for 24 hours.

Hi there! My husband is a dentist and while he would prefer someone to see your family dentist before being treated, they use pretty much the same stuff onboard that he uses in his office. He uses the ZOOM product and machine. One thing to remember is that if you have any bondings, the whitening won't lighten them. So again, good idea to check with your family dentist first.

Good luck!
Pixie Dust wishes,
tomspixie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter