Two questions for Free Dining Pros!! :)

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
1. I read that the Fantasmic Dinner option includes appetizer, but if I book that and Brown Derby on the Free Dining plan (using 2 credits pp) do we still get appetizer AND dessert or either/or or just dessert?

2. Along the same lines...for Signature dining, are you still limited to entrée/beverage/dessert on the Free Dining?

sig you don't get ap but on pre fix menus you get what ever is included

Confused, what is a pre fix menu? Are they available at Brown Derby/Flying Fish? I thought we just ordered off the main menu? But if Fantasmic is a pre-fix menu with appetizers,we get that without being charged even if on Free Dining?

Yes the Fantasmic package is brilliant value on the ddp (whether free or not :) )

You get the three courses on the menu of your choice plus a soft drink.

Some venues have a set menu on offer and you can use your ddp for this too which gives you three courses otherwise you get either a buffet or entrees and dessert.

Thanks!! How do I tell if Flying Fish has a pre-fixed menu?

Thanks!! How do I tell if Flying Fish has a pre-fixed menu?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think signature restaurants have prix-fixe menus. (Brown Derby for the F!Package may be the exception). Off the top of my head I know that Kona, Chefs de France, and Nine Dragons have one.

Confused, what is a pre fix menu? Are they available at Brown Derby/Flying Fish? I thought we just ordered off the main menu? But if Fantasmic is a pre-fix menu with appetizers,we get that without being charged even if on Free Dining?

Fantasmic! Dining Package includes an appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic fountain beverage (e.g. soda, coffee, tea, iced tea) for each adult at HBD. You order from the regular menu. You have to book the F! Dining Package specifically. Just a regular reservation at HBD will not include the F! seating voucher. The F!DP at HBD requires 2 TS credits per person, at MM and H&V it is one credit per person.

Prix Fixe menu: A few restaurants have a prix fixe menu meaning you choose an app, an entree and a dessert from a specific list of choices. No substitutions are allowed. This is a popular way for those on the regular DDP to get an appetizer with their meal, since otherwise, an app is not included. Or if the DDP users wants to order a la carte from the rest of the menu they can.

Only a few restaurants offer a prix fixe: Chefs, San Angel (one choice only in each category), Monsieur Paul, Marrakesh and Nine Dragons that I can think of. Le Cellier, Captain's Grill and Kona no longer have a prix fixe on their most recent menus. I don't know if Flying Fish still has a prix fixe, but previously it was not included on the DDP. HBD does not have a prix fixe menu.

Yes the Fantasmic package is brilliant value on the ddp (whether free or not :) )

You get the three courses on the menu of your choice plus a soft drink.

Some venues have a set menu on offer and you can use your ddp for this too which gives you three courses otherwise you get either a buffet or entrees and dessert.

It's not a brilliant value if you are on the Deluxe dining plan. I made that mistake at mama melrose, we had to take the crappy desert platter (for example) back in November.

I even confirmed it with a manager. :crazy2:

MolonLabe said:
It's not a brilliant value if you are on the Deluxe dining plan. I made that mistake at mama melrose, we had to take the crappy desert platter (for example) back in November.

I even confirmed it with a manager. :crazy2:

Vs what other option? We have MM for our F! Package and we have DxDDP.

Stacy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter