Two Fantasmic FP questions

Erica1016

Mouseketeer
1. We have a reservation for RBT F! dining package on one of our days. However, I don't see any way to select which F! showing. The calendar isn't out that far yet, but assuming there are two shows, are we able to select the time we'd prefer (later)?

2. On our other day at DLP, if we might like to get regular FP to see F!. It's our friend's first visit and he loves WDW F! If we pick up a FP early in the day, do we have to wait to get other FP's, or is the wait-time factor not the same with a show FP?

Thanks!

1. The show you’re assigned to is based on your reservation time; however, I’ve never heard of anyone being denied a switch to show #2 if that’s your preference.

2. The show FPs are disconnected and won’t affect your ability to pull ride FPs.

1. We have a reservation for RBT F! dining package on one of our days. However, I don't see any way to select which F! showing. The calendar isn't out that far yet, but assuming there are two shows, are we able to select the time we'd prefer (later)?

2. On our other day at DLP, if we might like to get regular FP to see F!. It's our friend's first visit and he loves WDW F! If we pick up a FP early in the day, do we have to wait to get other FP's, or is the wait-time factor not the same with a show FP?

Thanks!

In reference to your first question: "The FASTPASS that you receive that allows you into your viewing location will state this show time, too. You may not attend a show other than the one your FASTPASS assigns you to." (https://disneylanddaily.com/blue-bayou-fantasmic-review/)

There is a guide somewhere online that says what meal time you should shoot for in order to get which showing but I can't find it right now. I want to say reservations after 7 pm get the second showing but don't quote me on that. We picked an 8:40 pm meal time to guarantee us the second showing.

In reference to your first question: "The FASTPASS that you receive that allows you into your viewing location will state this show time, too. You may not attend a show other than the one your FASTPASS assigns you to." (https://disneylanddaily.com/blue-bayou-fantasmic-review/)...
Once you receive your dining package FP, this is true. However, the pp is correct in stating that most guests with an earlier reservation time can request a later show FP. I don't recall anyone here posting that they were denied this request. (The second show doesn't usually run out of FPs.) We have done this ourselves twice and received later show FPs without any problem. But I have heard of people with a later reservation time being denied earlier show FPs (if they would have been able to barely squeak in to see the earlier show) because there weren't any more FPs for that show available at the restaurant.

You can just inform your server at RBT if you would like the second show. The first show is usually more popular and you may not be able to switch to it.

Just a note, if your friend really loves WDW Fantasmic!, and this will be an unpopular opinion, but I feel that the new version at DL is not as good anymore (though the original version at DL was quite superior). I dislike some of the changes they made, and some of the music was re-orchestrated and is not as strong now. Anyway, that's just may opinion, but you may not need to do it twice.

Once you receive your dining package FP, this is true. However, the pp is correct in stating that most guests with an earlier reservation time can request a later show FP. I don't recall anyone here posting that they were denied this request. (The second show doesn't usually run out of FPs.) We have done this ourselves twice and received later show FPs without any problem. But I have heard of people with a later reservation time being denied earlier show FPs (if they would have been able to barely squeak in to see the earlier show) because there weren't any more FPs for that show available at the restaurant.

Hmm, this would have been good to know! I wanted an earlier dinner but the later F! showing. I'll have to keep this in mind for the next trip.

Just a note, if your friend really loves WDW Fantasmic!, and this will be an unpopular opinion, but I feel that the new version at DL is not as good anymore (though the original version at DL was quite superior). I dislike some of the changes they made, and some of the music was re-orchestrated and is not as strong now. Anyway, that's just may opinion, but you may not need to do it twice.

Thanks! I'll see what I can remember to compare from 2014! He's never been to CA, so he'll want to compare with WDW, for sure, but I don't think I or DH will need to see it twice. I plan on using my time doing something else and waiting until the dining package night. Our dining package is for our second (last) night at DLP, so I just want to know his options if he wants to see it the first night as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter