• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two "Families"? Two Resorts?

MidoriTsusuki

Earning My Ears
I'm wondering do you think there would be any big complications if DBF and I got a room to ourselves in Pop Century while my dad, mom and three siblings got a room at Port Orleans Riverside? Like my dad things it will be hard with our two groups being split off by hotels.

I would change to Port Orleans but I don't think we could pay for a moderate resort with just the two of us while it just makes more sense for my parents and siblings to stay at Port Orleans for the trip because it can work out an arrangement for a party of five.

I just have a better deal with Pop Century while dad has better deal at Port Orleans. My dad thinks it will just make the trip more complicated. Do you believe this is true? If so, I guess I'll need to find more options. xD

In this day and age of cell phones I don't see what the big deal is. We went last August with another family. They were at the Beach Club, we were at POFQ. We planned our days and meals together. We would go about our morning schedule and show up at the park we planned and then we would call so we can arrange a place to meet up.

I would stay where your budget allows and work everything out as the days come! :thumbsup2

It depends on if you plan on doing a ton of things around the resort themselves- unless you are planning swimming time together (not allowed to use other resort pools) or spending huge amounts of time at the resort in the morning it really wouldn't matter too much.

In this day and age of cell phones I don't see what the big deal is. We went last August with another family. They were at the Beach Club, we were at POFQ. We planned our days and meals together. We would go about our morning schedule and show up at the park we planned and then we would call so we can arrange a place to meet up.

I would stay where your budget allows and work everything out as the days come! :thumbsup2

Haha! So true about the cellphones. Our problem with that is I'm from Canada and making calls in Florida is pricey. And it seems like my dad refuses to learn to text... Lol Don't get why!

It depends on if you plan on doing a ton of things around the resort themselves- unless you are planning swimming time together (not allowed to use other resort pools) or spending huge amounts of time at the resort in the morning it really wouldn't matter too much.

You make a good point because really I'm not much of a swimmer unless it's a Disney Waterpark then I swear I grow gills. And when I'm in Florida I don't tend to sleep in for once.xD

Haha! So true about the cellphones. Our problem with that is I'm from Canada and making calls in Florida is pricey. And it seems like my dad refuses to learn to text... Lol Don't get why!

What about purchasing one of the inexpensive prepaid cell phones in Florida and loading a limited number of minutes just to be able to keep in touch?

And you also could use your resort room phones to call one another at the beginning of the day.

You make a good point because really I'm not much of a swimmer unless it's a Disney Waterpark then I swear I grow gills. And when I'm in Florida I don't tend to sleep in for once.xD

Do your siblings have cells? If so communicate with them and have them inform your Father.

If you could find a way to communicate (use your siblings to text for him), I don't see where it would add any hassle unless you are expecting to do everything together at all times. If so, being at different resorts could throw a slight kink in that.

I guess it comes down to how much togetherness you and your family want to have during the vacation. If you plan to just meet up in the parks and spend the rest of the time on your own, then I don't see a problem at all. You can simply designate a place and time to meet up prior to parting ways for the night, problems solved.

Talk to your dad and find out what his expectations are as far as togetherness go.

We are doing the same thing....I am staying at AS music family suite with my group and my friend is staying at Port Orleans riverside with her family. We have adrs for several places together so not a problem about meeting up. Everyone has cell phones so set meeting places at whatever park and dont worry

I'm wondering do you think there would be any big complications if DBF and I got a room to ourselves in Pop Century while my dad, mom and three siblings got a room at Port Orleans Riverside? Like my dad things it will be hard with our two groups being split off by hotels.

I would change to Port Orleans but I don't think we could pay for a moderate resort with just the two of us while it just makes more sense for my parents and siblings to stay at Port Orleans for the trip because it can work out an arrangement for a party of five.

I just have a better deal with Pop Century while dad has better deal at Port Orleans. My dad thinks it will just make the trip more complicated. Do you believe this is true? If so, I guess I'll need to find more options. xD

I think its no big deal. Are you planning to just meet up in morning after eating at resort? Or meeting for breakfast. The only consideration is transport time...which you can not be sure on....so maybe early dining could be a pain, but other than that, I think with cell phones, it will be fine. My family is split this trip too....we'll just meet up in parks and we're okay with it.

If I was traveling with extended family I can guarantee you that we would be at different resorts. lol! :rotfl2:

Seriously I think it will be fine. Just work out each day where and when you want to meet up.

We've done this many times - and long before the cell phone era. Just make plans for the meeting place and time. The more specific the place, the better. Rather than ticket line at MK, try meeting in front of a specific Main Street shop or attaction or even the popcorn cart. You get the idea...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter