TV Ad

Grammy4Lizzy

DIS Veteran
In the TV ad running right now, "The most wonderful time of the year", they open with a shot of sky buckets. Does this mean they are going to maybe add the buckets again at Disneyland. Maybe from DL to CA?
I really hate those things. They are "the buckets of death", at least to me a DD. They were the scariest ride ever.

No plans for gondolas to be added to DLR. Only the Skyliner in WDW.

I haven't any rumors of anything like the Skyway returning to DLR. I personally think that they just use them in the ad for nostalgia (if I recall, those ads began with the 60th, when they were featuring a bunch of gone (but not forgotten) attractions and features).

My 14yo DD didn't start going to DLR until she was 8yo, so she never personally saw the buckets in action, but has watched videos with them. So, she sees the commercial a few nights ago, and asks me to rewind it, because she wanted to see it again. No problem; I will never say no to watching a Disneyland commercial over again! :) After the second time though, she was getting all mad about it! "THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE THE SKY BUCKETS A COMMERCIAL FOR THIS CHRISTMAS SEASON IF THE SKY BUCKETS AREN'T GOING TO BE THERE! THAT IS NOT FAIR!" In her few years of being a Disney kid/teen, it's rare that she's ever fussed about changes at DLR--didn't care that they changed Rivers of America, the railroad journey, Big Thunder Mtn Trail, Guardians of the Galaxy, or even closing Bugs Land. But show her the sky buckets, and here she is, as mad as a hippo with a hernia because they are teasing her with something that isn't possible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter