Tuxedos

itutorfortravel

I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addi
So excited! Just found a gorgeous long evening gown for our cruise this weekend!

My question is if most men wear tuxedos or suits on formal night? DH has very nice suits, so I think he would still look nice even with me in the evening gown, but he wants to do what most men do on those evenings...

My prediction is that you will probably see more suits (or even more casual) than tuxedos. But if he enjoys dressing up in a tux, he won't feel out of place.

I've worn both suits and tuxes. It really is what works best for you, he won't be "out of place" either way. You'll see a good deal of both.

My prediction is that you will probably see more suits (or even more casual) than tuxedos. But if he enjoys dressing up in a tux, he won't feel out of place.

will i feel out of place in a long gown? it's a basic black silk long evening dress, nothing frilly or fru-fru about it...i just got an awesome deal on it at the talbot's outlet and could not resist!

will i feel out of place in a long gown? it's a basic black silk long evening dress, nothing frilly or fru-fru about it...i just got an awesome deal on it at the talbot's outlet and could not resist!

You will fit right in My wife will not go on a cruise with out a long gown as I will not go with out my tux

Rob

Absolutely not! You'll see a variety in the degrees of formal as well, and many many wowmen wear gowns. Go with what you will enjoy. We really like getting all dressed up, it really adds the the sense of occasion.

thanks, i love the dress and want to wear it! anyone gotten that dressed up with a dh in just a suit? my dh's suits are really nice ones, but didn't know if we would look mismatched if he isn't in a tux.

Most men wear suits. Not too many ladies in long gowns, but wear what you want, it's your cruise and no one really cares what anyone else is wearing. Everyone is just having a good time and so should you. Enjoy!

I am definitely wearing the dress - it's beautiful!

Has anyone rented a tux through DCL? How did it go?

I would love to see what it looks like... can you post a picture from the Talbots website?

I am contemplating wearing a gorgous gown ( a bridesmaid dress, if you can believe that!!! When do you ever get to wear THEM again!!!) but I'm afraid it might be too dressy.:confused3
It's to the ground, very formal, of the shoulder. My husband will NOT wear a tux, but I 'll get him in a nice suit, the boys as well.

I would hate to bring all this stuff ( all the kids suits/dress shoes ,my dress and shoes...etc) and feel over dressed.
It's our first 7 day, so I'm really gonna hear it from my DH if we bring all this stuff and people aren't dressed up in suits. On our three day one family was really dressed up and really looked out of place. I know the three day is less formal.... but I'm still unsure of how formal is formal...

Most men wear suits. Not too many ladies in long gowns, but wear what you want, it's your cruise and no one really cares what anyone else is wearing. Everyone is just having a good time and so should you. Enjoy!

Apparently this can vary from week to week. My wife pretty much has always worn a gown, and she was not in the minority by any strech of the imagination. We've seen a great number of ladies in gowns and very formal dresses. tutorfortravel, you will defenintely not feel or look out of place in the least. At least three times I was able to pick up gowns for my wife right before a cruise at a steal, which makes it even more fun knowing that we didn't go crazy for one use. Enjoy! It looks so cool in the main lobby with so many people dressed up.

On all of our cruises I take notice what others are wearing, I see a lot of women in gowns and a lot of men in Tuxes and suites. Dress up and have a wonderful night out:thumbsup2

Rob

I'm the same. We don't want to have to bring a suit from Australia, it will take up half our luggage. It would be easy to rent a tux, but then a tux seems so much. I don't want dd to feel out of place.

I would love to see what it looks like... can you post a picture from the Talbots website?

I am contemplating wearing a gorgous gown ( a bridesmaid dress, if you can believe that!!! When do you ever get to wear THEM again!!!) but I'm afraid it might be too dressy.:confused3
It's to the ground, very formal, of the shoulder. My husband will NOT wear a tux, but I 'll get him in a nice suit, the boys as well.

I would hate to bring all this stuff ( all the kids suits/dress shoes ,my dress and shoes...etc) and feel over dressed.
It's our first 7 day, so I'm really gonna hear it from my DH if we bring all this stuff and people aren't dressed up in suits. On our three day one family was really dressed up and really looked out of place. I know the three day is less formal.... but I'm still unsure of how formal is formal...

Darn! There's no pic on the website to post. It was probably one of last season's items or something. Anyhow, it's very simple. Black sleeveless top and a little bit of a full skirt on the bottom with a wide black belt at the waist. After the Talbots outlet I hopped over to Chicos and got a gorgeous necklace that looks stunning with it! For about $50 total I got a $250 outfit! Gotta love it!!! :thumbsup2

One of the nice things about DCL is that there's a range of what you'll see for "formal." You won't be out of place in a full blown evening gown and tux. Ditto for cocktail dresses/dressy dress...suits for guys. Little girls will be in princess costumes, flower girl dresses, church dresses, etc. Little boys will be in a shirt and tie, a suit, a tux--whatever mom and dad think is best.

If you make a reasonable effort to wear something "nice," no one will think anything about it. If you wear jeans......no comment.

on our cruise at Christmas we rented a tux for my DH and my DS7 as he wanted to match Daddy.

You can order the grown-up tux online - I had to call them to order my sons tux and formal shoes.

Basically you order they send you an e-mail acknowledging your order - then the next day we got a confirmation stating that they had what we had ordered.

Got to our cabin and just before the emergency evacuation test our room steward bought the tux's to the room - after they wore them we rehung everything in the suitcovers provided and on the last night while we were at dinner they were taken out of our cabin

on our cruise at Christmas we rented a tux for my DH and my DS7 as he wanted to match Daddy.

You can order the grown-up tux online - I had to call them to order my sons tux and formal shoes.

Basically you order they send you an e-mail acknowledging your order - then the next day we got a confirmation stating that they had what we had ordered.

Got to our cabin and just before the emergency evacuation test our room steward bought the tux's to the room - after they wore them we rehung everything in the suitcovers provided and on the last night while we were at dinner they were taken out of our cabin

were you pleased with this service? is dh glad he did a tux or did he think a suit would have been ok?

On our formal night I rocked the white dinner jacket with my tux. I was hoping to be mistaken for a member of the crew at some point, but no luck. Yes, I own a white dinner jacket. It's a long story... I'll poke around and see if I can put up a picture. We looked goooooood...

A black suit would look fine with a formal gown if hubby doesn't want to go the tux route. Got one of those? (or a really dark charcoal grey...but since your dress is black, a black suit would look better)

Anyway...that's my opinion.

I almost never pay attention to what people are wearing, but I do tend to notice 'mismatched' couples....especially when she's in a dress and heels and he's in his muscle shirt....:lmao:

the service was very good - simple to use - first time we have since DH has expanded a little and no longer fits into his own tux

whenever we cruise we dress up for the formal night (s) - so he was glad of the option of renting one - having said that i realise that a lot of people don't feel comfortable being dressed so formally - it was a christmas cruise so this time at least in our dining room there were a lot more tux's than i've normally seen on a disney cruise.

If you feel comfy in a tux for formal night then great - if you'd feel more comfortable in a suit then go for that - after all it is a vacation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter