• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tusker House or Yak and Yeti?

webbmom

Mouseketeer
Having a hard time getting Tusker house for breakfast so I am thinking about and early lunch at either Tusker house o Yak and Yeti? We grabbed a snack at Yak and Yeti when we were there in January. Not all of us are adventurous eaters, so I am really not sure what to so.

We actually had planned on eating at Y & Y, but got tired and actually was able to walk into early lunch at Tusker and was very pleasantly suprised at how good it was. I actually found a dessert that was not at Boma that I found there. When I told the waitress, she said the same chefs that plan menues and cook also work at Boma, which made sense.

I thought it was great and so did DH, but we love Boma and are a little adventurous. The seafood stew and tamarind chicken was out of this world (not spicy hot, but different tasty spices).

I'm not a fan of the options at the Tusker House and LOVE Y & Y so that would be my choice.

I've eaten at both - Tusker House is ok and Yak & Yeti is FANTASTIC!!!!! Yak & Yeti, hands down!!:thumbsup2

Boma is my favorite restaurant at Disney and Tusker House is like a mini Boma so my vote goes to Tusker House. Contrary to what some think the food is very toned down and requires no adventurousness to eat and being a buffet there are plenty of options for everyone, even if you like Mac & Cheese.

We ate lunch at Yak & Yeti last week. This was our first family vacation to Disney and when asked about favorite meals this one comes up on every ones list. My son and husband had the ribs and can't say enough good things about them. We had breakfast at Tusker House, so I can't comment on the food at lunch or dinner, sorry.

I've done breakfast at Tusker House and Lunch at Y&Y. Both were very good. I must admit that we all were very happy with the quality of food at Y&Y for lunch. It was a last minute add on, and now my kids asked that I squeeze it in for our October trip.

And just for an example, DD is a pain when trying new foods. So she was determined to eat just egg rolls for our meal. The sweet and sour chicken came out and she ate a majority of it. She loved the fact that is was made with fresh pineapple and peppers even though at home she won't touch them?:confused3

At Y&Y we had the sweet and sour chicken, the ribs, pot-stickers, egg rolls, and the dim sum. All were above average.

Enjoy your trip. (P.S. - I noticed last time that Tusker House breakfasts opened up near to our dates and that is when I booked. I booked a late breakfast and we were able to eat off both the breakfast buffet and lunch - so that may be an option for you also.)

We had breakfast and lunch at Tusker House on our last trip to Disney in December. Both were wonderful and we plan to eat there for both again on our next trip. I am a very picky eater and there was plenty for me to choose from on the lunch buffet. It had some of the best tasking carved meats I have ever had. Tons of sides and salads. The desserts were very good. Don't miss the chocolate chip cookies if you decide to try Tusker for lunch or dinner! Our waiter even suggested we take a few for snacks later in the day.

Our waiter even suggested we take a few for snacks later in the day.

The CMs at Tusker House are some of the nicest people I've met. Not only did they insist our daughters get cookies to take with them, but one also went back in to get apples for them. It's these sorts of things, along with the good food, that make them a must visit for us every time.

Also, if you get seating at Tusker House after 1pm, you get priority seating for the 3:15 Finding Nemo show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter