• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tusker House or Flame Tree BBQ?

Rhonna

DIS Veteran
We've always eaten at Tusker House and always had great food there - we like the atmosphere reasonably well if it's not too crowded. (We will be there in slower season.)

We've never eaten at Flame Tree - often it's been closed during our trip. The way the Flame Tree seating is described sounds really appealing - the farther away outdoor seats being quiet, water nearby, even animals (ducks?). It sounds like a really nice place to relax for a quiet lunch.

However, we aren't really BBQ sauce or ribs type people. We usually get the roasted chicken at Tusker House or sandwiches.

Is the Flame Tree seating atmosphere worth it for us? Are there items on the menu that compare with Tusker House or is it all ribs, corn on the cob and beans?

Thanks for your help!

I just really enjoy the Tusker House...never tried the Flame Tree BBQ.

Unless I really loved BBQ and the Flame Tree was a not-to-be-missed BBQ place, I would stick with what I know works. :)

We always make it a point to eat at flame tree, especially if its a nice day! We sit by this cute little pond, ducks and all and it doesnt ever seem to be too crowded. I always get the bbq chicken salad it is soooo good:hyper: i am not a big salad eater but on a hot day when you dont feel like eating something heavy this makes for a perfect lunch! It's huge though i have never been able to eat the whole thing:earseek: Plus i dunno how you've been able to walk passed flame tree and not have the smell pull you in ::yes::

I think the atmosphere at the Flame Tree Barbecue is well worth the meal. I ate under the second arbor and watched/listened to the Mickey/Minnie serenade. I also enjoyed sitting down by the lily pond. And the food is delicious! I always order the barbecued chicken meal, but the ribs look great too and there is a representative selection just outside the restaurant so you can see what the food looks like. The chicken is very tender and flavorful. I'm going to try Tusker House this trip. I've heard wonderful things about it too. Does anyone know when they close Flame Tree? I'm going next week so I hope it will remain open during my stay.

I second the BBQ chicken salad at Flame tree - its excellent!

Another one for the BBQ chix salad! Flame Tree is a GREAT place to go for food but the atmosphere makes it a 'must'!

The BBQ chicken salad sounds decent - how Barbequey is the BBQ sauce? Do they smoother the meal with it or is the meat just cooked/marinated in it? Is it a subtle flavor? Sweet, sour, smokey?

And what is the Mickey/Minnie serenade that Piglet54 mentioned?

Thanks for the answers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter