Tusker House Breakfast Questions

GeorgiaHoo

DIS Veteran
We have an 8:05 AM reservation on the day AK opens at 9. We've only eaten at Crystal Palace prior to opening and you couldn't wander MK until the park actually opened. If we are done with breakfast at Tusker House before AK opens will we be able to walk to one of the rides and wait in line till it opens? Second question is what time would we need to leave Polynesian to make an 8:05AM breakfast reservation? Final question is would we be better off taking the early morning bus or a cab? Thanks in advance!

GeorgiaHoo said:
We have an 8:05 AM reservation on the day AK opens at 9. We've only eaten at Crystal Palace prior to opening and you couldn't wander MK until the park actually opened. If we are done with breakfast at Tusker House before AK opens will we be able to walk to one of the rides and wait in line till it opens? Second question is what time would we need to leave Polynesian to make an 8:05AM breakfast reservation? Final question is would we be better off taking the early morning bus or a cab? Thanks in advance!

No they won't let you wait at the ride. Everything is roped off. You will be one of the first on the safari ride thou. Tusker is right by the safari ride.

I would take a cab, i never had luck with buses that early. And I left one hour in advance!

We had an 8am reservation in September. We were seated by 8:15 after photos with Donald. Finished eating at 9am and had the bill taken care of by 9:15. We still walked on Everest 3 times and then waited 5 minutes for the Safari.

We have done this breakfast several times. You won't be done much before 9am but you would be able to head for the Safari ride and be on the first one of the day. Ask for your bill once you get seated. It's a buffet breakfast so it's a set price but on our last Tusker House reservation, we waited 20 minutes for our bill! We would have been long gone if we had already taken care of the bill so ask for it early!

When i have an 805am ADR, I always ask for the bill as soon as i get there. It comes in handy, so you can make a quick getaway once your done!

For what its worth, at tusker when i had an 805am ADR, I was done well before 9am. It is possible. ;) Like I said, Tusker is right by the safari ride, so once the rope drops, head to the safari ride. its best to see the animals early in the morning when its not as hot out.

I would rec taking a cab. You'll want to be at the gate by 7:30 ish. You will have to walk all the way to TH and they want you at the podium 20 mins before your ADR. Enjoy!

Thanks for the info everyone. We'll take the recommended cab route and get there early. Be great to get on safari first thing too. My wife's favorite ride.

Thanks for the info everyone. We'll take the recommended cab route and get there early. Be great to get on safari first thing too. My wife's favorite ride.

Definitely ask for your ticket when you sit down, then. And if they don't bring it, keep asking. We had reservations at 8:00. We asked for our ticket when we sat down and didn't get it. Our waitress seemed quite overwhelmed so we didn't push it. She did finally bring our ticket and then took a long time to run our cards. The photo guy also seemed like he must have been new as he was having a hard time getting the right photos to the correct guest. By the time that all got straightened out, we left the restaurant to see a large crowd of people from the entrance making their way to the safari. We were disappointed because the main reason we booked Tusker House was to get to the safari before a large crowd.:sad1:

We like 'TH and have done an 8:00 ADR there. We finished up around 9:15. We were at the gate by 7:30 but were not let in till about 7:50. We hurried to the restaurant but it was fine and we were in the first group going in.We have started asking for our CM bill when we sit down but I don't think we did that here. It was a slow time and not very crowded so the safari line was not a huge deal for us.

I would do exactly what the other posters recommended--ask for your check (and pay) right away, and then place yourself at the rope and ride the safari first. We were some of the first people on the ride--and it's pretty entertaining to look behind you and see the SWARM of people behind you!

Even better, the animals are SUPER active early in the morning! That early safari is one of the best we've ever seen!

(As an extra bonus, the food at the Tusker House breakfast is EXCELLENT! It was one of the first reservations I made for our next trip in May!)

Thanks for the recommendations re paying the bill early - would have never thought of that. And the reason I booked the early breakfast is to get to ride safari without a big crowd!

Thanks for the recommendations re paying the bill early - would have never thought of that. And the reason I booked the early breakfast is to get to ride safari without a big crowd!

:thumbsup2 The early morning safaris are the best we have ever been on! The animals are so much more active and it's the only time we've been able to see some of the animals

If we are done with breakfast at Tusker House before AK opens will
we be able to walk to one of the rides and wait in line till it opens?
. . . it would be nice
. . . but, alas, not allowed

Second question is what time would we need to leave Polynesian to
make an 8:05AM breakfast reservation?
. . . driving: 45-minutes
. . . bus: 1¼-hr, monorail to MK, bus to AK

Final question is would we be better off taking the early morning bus or a cab?
. . . definitely a cab

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter