• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Turo pick-up & returns

trixie08

Earning My Ears
Last time we used Turo in Hawaii we thought the host was delivering the car to us at HNL, as we had requested. The host picked us up, drove to an off-site industrial alley location so he could get back to his location, then gave us the keys. The reverse happened upon returning the car. It was unexpected and a bit alarming as we had small kids with us. It was also an unexpected/unplanned huge time suck. I am booking Turo again and want to understand if that was a normal experience. What experiences have others had? I assume some take an Uber/Lyft to an off-airport location for key hand-off? TIA

I can't help with the pick up and drop off. However, I do know that there have been issues with Turo lately on Oahu due to the rental car shortages. People have had their Turo canceled at the last minute because the owner could get a better price. This happened to my BIL and his family in April. Two weeks ago good friends were waiting for their rental car at Avis and the people in front of them had had their Turo canceled and didn't know until they landed.

I'm not sure when you're going, but thought I would give you a heads up that this is happening.

Thanks for the reminder to book a back-up car rental. I have heard those stories. That's one way to have a vacation utterly ruined at the get go. Our trip is late August. We have one island Turo rental booked, and I need to book the other. Better pricing...I assume people are reaching out to hosts offering additional money or is this happening another way? Interested in how this occurs.

Thanks for the reminder to book a back-up car rental. I have heard those stories. That's one way to have a vacation utterly ruined at the get go. Our trip is late August. We have one island Turo rental booked, and I need to book the other. Better pricing...I assume people are reaching out to hosts offering additional money or is this happening another way? Interested in how this occurs.

For Oahu my BIL had their Turo canceled about a day and a half before they left for their trip. He then contacted the Turo person for his Maui portion and they offered the owner $1k more so they could make sure they had a car. I thought that was a bit extreme but they have the money so they had no problem.

I have a Turo reserved for this holiday season, and I have a back up rental car that I was going to drop - sounds like I should keep the back up as long as I can.

On my Turo rental it says they will do a delivery to the airport, will that not be the case? Has anyone had an airport delivery before?

We just used Turo on Maui and had an excellent experience. They met us with the car at the airport and we left it at the airport when we departed with keys in a lockbox. We were a little nervous, but it could not have been easier! The host even gave us a goody bag to welcome us to Maui.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter