Turns out Bay Lake

DVC resorts are never really sold out. DVD may not have enough points left to invest in active marketing.

There is a constant turn over of owners. DVD get back points to sell again through dues defaults and loan foreclosures. If they have a large enough waiting list, they will exercise their ROFR.

:earsboy: Bill

You can still buy BLT direct from Disney. For $165 per point... There may be a waitlist for some Use Years but I was told Feb and March UY are available.

Amanda

yes, my guide told me last week if I wanted my Use Year it would probably take a month currently.

I called yesterday and the guide told me only AKV were being sold

I could go on a waitlist for Bay Lake for contracts that havent closed, but I cant just "buy" Bay Lake at the moment.

I called yesterday and the guide told me only AKV were being sold

I could go on a waitlist for Bay Lake for contracts that havent closed, but I cant just "buy" Bay Lake at the moment.

"Guides" say a lot of things. That doesn't necessarily make them true. The good news is that there is a wide variety of BLT contracts to choose from on the resale market, many of which are $70 per point less than buying direct. :)

I find it best to know *EXACTLY* what I am going to request prior to my phone call to my guide. Sometimes, I do question their honesty. My first guide pushed Old Key West and, after several phone calls, I actually gave in. Fortunately, when the documents came, I came to my senses and realized an OKW purchase would not be fitting for my needs. Disney reassigned me to someone else, who reviewed my family's vacation history and "encouraged" a VWL purchase.

Needless to say, my recommendation is that you know what you want and stick to it. The experience can be analogous to buying a car. If you are not fully aware of what is happening and asking the right questions, you may end up with something you do not really want.

We just returned from a cruise, and we added on while we were sailing. I inquired about adding on at our current resort, BLT, but was told they didn't have anything available. I also had her check VGC just for the fun of it....no luck.:rotfl: We ended up adding on a small contract at Aulani (which is what we were really looking at anyway) that will enable us to go every three years. I'm glad we bought the number of points we did when we first bought in at BLT because I didn't think about the possibility of it not being available in the future. Of course, there was LOTS of stuff I didn't know or think about when we first bought in to DVC.;)

Susan

Wow, we just bought 150 points direct on 3/15/13.
Our guide was saying they only had 2500 points available then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter