Turkey Legs

slzer0

DIS Veteran
I don't see the turkey leg listed on a lot of quick service menus. I'm planning on getting one during Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom. You used to be able to get them in Tomorrowland, they were called alien legs. Lol. Is there a comprehensive list anywhere where I can still get a turkey leg in the Magic Kingdom?

WDW TURKEY LEGS "411":

1) Disney sells about 1.5 MILLION turkey legs every year!
2) That is about 7 turkey legs for every man-woman-child in Orlando.
3) Each of these bird legs weighs about 1.5 pounds for about $12 or 1-CS DDP Credit.
4) They supposedly come from 40-50 pound turkeys!
5) Nutrition, per Lisa Haines, VP Communications, WDW
. . . about a half day's worth of a grown-man's calorie goal (1,092 cal each leg)
. . . about a day's worth of a grown-man's fat goal (54 gr each leg)
. . . about two day's worth of a grown-man's sodium goal (5,283 gr each leg)
6) Recipe
. . . take uber-monstrous one leg
. . . inject copious amounts of salt brine
. . . smoke slowly at 225º for 4 hrs.
7) Available at the below (all Turkey Legs taste the same, and from he same vendor)
. . . MK - Liberty Square at Turkey Leg Cart
. . . MK - Tomorrowland at Launching Pad
. . . EP - America Adventure at Fife and Drum Tavern
. . . AK - Flame Tree BBQ at Safari Turkey
. . . AK - Dinoland at Trilo Bites
. . . AK - Africa at Flame Tree BBQ
. . . HS - Tower of Terror at Toluca Legs Turkey Company
. . . TL - Surf Doggies
. . . BL - Avalaunch

NOTE: We really do like the taste of the turkey legs. However, we seldom finish one,
so we save the calories for later. We still get the legs when we have a hankerin'. In
addition, they do seem to be pretty "stringy".

Thanks!
I'm craving one NOW. Lol

We usually get one to share between three of us as a snack. :)

We were searching for one recently in MK and the turkey leg cart in Liberty Square was closed, but the guy working the baked potato area (which I'm sure has a more official name) said that the "original" turkey leg cart/kiosk/whatever was up on the street running through Frontierland (near Country Bears, etc.). So that might be another one to add to the list of options.

Have you tried the pork shank at Gaston's yet? I tried it for the first time recently (for breakfast, much to the head-shaking disbelief of my wife and daughters) and thought it was really good. The turkey leg has some competition!

So I was on a German ship the other day (I am NAVY) and one of the guys there was talking about the time he had a turkey leg at WDW on a trip to the states in High School...I whipped out my camera phone and showed him my turkey leg pic, complete with t-shirt!

The last time I was at WDW (admittedly a year ago), the Tomorrowland venue didn't have Turkey Legs anymore. I looked at Allears.net and their June 2014 menu doesn't have it listed anymore either.

I do remember getting one at the cart in Frontierland (across from Country Bear). So it's been there for a while now. The Turkey Leg was yummy, but the cookie (dessert) was not. :rotfl:

You have a turkey leg shirt? !
Yes, they've had two different styles. One had a turkey leg drawing and the other has a guy holding the turkey leg. You can see both logos in this Disney Food Blog post (scroll about a quarter of the way down for the photo).
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/01/02/news-the-disney-turkey-leg-controversy/

LOL I have a turkey leg air freshener.

Do you know how torturous it is to be running the Princess Half Marathon and have to pass by the turkey leg cart on your way through MK? Not to mention the delicious breakfast smells along Main Street USA. That's about the halfway point of the race, so it's murder to have those delicious smells wafting in your face to make you realize that you still have quite some time before you can have breakfast.

Oh wow. I didnt realise the marathon was during regular park hours, that really does sound like torture!

Have you tried the pork shank at Gaston's yet? I tried it for the first time recently (for breakfast, much to the head-shaking disbelief of my wife and daughters) and thought it was really good. The turkey leg has some competition!

Gotta admit that I most excited about this culinary experience for our upcoming trip.

My love of turkey legs pairs nicely with the paleo diet. Heck no, I'm not sharing that thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter