• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Turf Club

Ms. WDW

A DIS Veteran who just won't grow up!
We just returned from a wonderful week at Saratoga Springs and had the opportunity to eat at the newly opened Turf Club. It has only been opened for 3 weeks the first night we ate there.

Curently lunch and dinner are only served and the menu is the same. I've attached the link. http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_turf.htm

The food in our opinion was very good. The first night DH and I both had the steaks. Potatoes that reminded me of "scalloped potatoes" were served as a side dish. As an appetizer he had the buffalo chicken strips and I the onion rings. I didn't like the chicken; too much vinegar in the sauce for my taste. But the onion rings were very good and NOT a bit greasy. Dessert for both of us was the individual apple pies with ice cream. The pies are warm and I really can't call them pies! There were more like little "bundles" but they were soooooo good! The second time we ate there (too tired that night to walk to DTD ;) ) DH tried the penne and chicken and I had the burger. DH loved the penne and that burger is BIG!! Appetizer this time was still the chicken for dh and I tried the crab bites. They were really good but I didn't like the sauces. One was a tomato based, the other I can't remember :confused3 and the only one I did like was a mayo based but can't remember exactly what else was in it. They didn't impress me. And again those wonderful little apple "bundles" (pies) for dessert.

Let me just say that by the end of the week people were discovering that the restaurant was finally opened and they were quite busy. They had more servers on the floor and things seemed to be running smoothly. On more than one occasion the Hostess came over to the tables to make sure things were ok and asked how we liked the food and the location. I think in time, we'll see more items on the menu and I would love to see a table service breakfast served there as well.

We'll definately go there again the next time we're at SSR.

Thanks for sharing, we are off "home" in October and can't wait to try - thanks again

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

So nice that the Turf Club opened and even better to read that the food is good. :thumbsup2

Do you remember what kind of bun the burger had? I know it sounds funny but that is an important part of it for me. :)

Thanks for the review.
Ironic in a way that the meal I'd be most interested in--breakfast--isn't served.

BCV23 said:
So nice that the Turf Club opened and even better to read that the food is good. :thumbsup2

Do you remember what kind of bun the burger had? I know it sounds funny but that is an important part of it for me. :)

I don't remember exactly; but it definately wasn't a traditional "burger" bun. More like a kaiser roll I think.

Ms. WDW said:
I don't remember exactly; but it definately wasn't a traditional "burger" bun. More like a kaiser roll I think.

Thanks. Sounds good to me! :thumbsup2

Thanks. Sounds good, do you think we need ARs for next week when we return home for the first time?

It wouldn't hurt since it's gaining in popularity. Have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter