Tuna Sandwich no longer on the menu at Columbia Harbor House

Dopey Sharon

Proud Mimi of our first grandchild, Lily
Checking the menus on all ears, and noticed they took off the tuna salad sandwich. That was the only reason I went there! They do have a tuna sandwich on the kids menu, but I worried it's not the same nor as good. Has adult tried the kids tuna sandwich, if so, how was it? TIA

Checking the menus on all ears, and noticed they took off the tuna salad sandwich. That was the only reason I went there! They do have a tuna sandwich on the kids menu, but I worried it's not the same nor as good. Has adult tried the kids tuna sandwich, if so, how was it? TIA
I too agree that this is the only reason i go to CHH. If they get rid of this, i see no reason to return. But I wouldn't panic just yet. Its still on the menu on the disney website, plus I havent heard any rumors on dis. Not a peep. So im sure its still available. Hopefully someone who has been there recently can confirm. :)

Regarding the kids tuna sandwich, it's not the same. I've gotten it a couple of times as I enjoy it (and hey, kids meals are a great value) but my daughter couldn't stop laughing at me the first time when she saw that the bread was the shape of a fish.

Crazy question on the tuna sandwich. Is there celery in the tuna? I don't like the crunchy pieces of celery. How is it prepared?

I just had it last Friday. I can't remember celery, but I thought it was more mayonnaise based. I'd prefer a little more mustard. It was really good.

The tuna sandwich used to be called the Anchors Aweigh. Then, last year, it was renamed to Tuna Sandwich. Shortly thereafter, "white tuna salad" was replaced with "tuna salad" in the menu description. Indeed, the Tuna Sandwich is no longer made with white meat albacore, the most mild of the tuna varieties. Those picky about their tuna will likely notice the difference—and be disappointed. I was, and my husband probably wouldn't have even noticed had I not been whining about it. Everything else about the sandwich remains unchanged. I haven't been able to find any info as to why CHH made the switch. This was always an absolute all-time favorite. Change is hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter