Tuesday Dec. 27 CROWDS in DL?????

Gpaul

Earning My Ears
Hello again! Yes, I've read horror stories on crowds during Xmas, but then again the Xmas Decor and Spirit are unique for a 7 year old.

So, is Tuesday 12/27 going to be an absolute waste of time with hordes and hordes making the lines more than 1/2 hour each?

We'd definitely be at the entrance by 7:30 AM (1/2 hour prior to scheduled opening), and stay until we drop to the ground.

If your input steers us in that direction, then we'd do DL/CA 12/27, Universal 12/28, and back to DL/CA Jan. 12.

Gracias!

I know the week after Christmas is quite crowded due in a large part to the Rose Bowl crowd that will be in town for the game the following weekend. I can remember being there that week and it was packed.

I just read that yesterday DL was at capacity and they were not letting people in. They had signs posted telling people it was full and to please enjoy DCA and DTD. Darkbeer has pictures posted on other message boards and there is a pic of the signs!

If Veteran's Day was at capacity, I cannot even imagine what is going to happen the week between Christmas and New Year's. I've heard this is already one of the busiest times of the year anyway!

I think the marketing of the 50th has really paid off for Disney! I think this holiday season is going to be one of the busiest ever!

12/27 was one of the days we were planning on being there, too. Now I am getting really worried. My DH hates crowds! I have been trying to prepare him for the very real possibility that they we will be horrible at that time. I also even spent the extra $ to get the enchanted fast passes through AAA! My big concern is if we leave the park when it starts to get too bad, will we be able to get back in for the evening festivities? If I decide to book the Christmas Tour, will they let us in for that?

:earsgirl:

On various sites I've read that getting in as they lower the ropes, and doing the busiest rides/shows with FastPass early in the morning is not all that bad on a Tuesday (12/27).

Plus, Xmas decor and ambiance seems to be "magical"...

So, anyone care to encourage us to actually do DL 12/27?????

We are going to be there in the morning on the 27th.. and really hoping we can get into DL or DCA on the 26th in the later afternoon... We need to activate our passes before the 2nd of Jan... we are going to return again on the 4 - 7 of Jan.... but the kids will really want to see IASWH and I really want to see the Christmas stuff....

We were there last year on either December 27 or 28 and the crowds were outrageous. By lunch time they had closed the doors to incoming guests as the park had reached their full capacity. Waits for rides were really long and tiring, there was even a huge line up for POTC.

How about doing the rides and important stuff as of opening second, then just hang out and do the less interesting stuff (less lines) as the day rolls on?

The busiest time of year at Disneyland is the week between Christmas and New Years. So yes it will be busy. We have gone on many busy weeks and really think it is about your attitude going in. If you are expecting it to be horrible then you will have a horrible time. Or on the other hand if you go in with a plan and relaxed attitude, you will have a good time. Your at Disneyland after all.

disneychrista said:
The busiest time of year at Disneyland is the week between Christmas and New Years. So yes it will be busy. We have gone on many busy weeks and really think it is about your attitude going in. If you are expecting it to be horrible then you will have a horrible time. Or on the other hand if you go in with a plan and relaxed attitude, you will have a good time. Your at Disneyland after all.

Tks! Would you be able to give me "your plan" for this busy day? You seem to be an expert! Much obliged!

My plan on any busy day is to make sure to get there before the park opens (about 30 mins). You get so much done in the early morning hours, that is makes up for not being able to get as much done the rest of the day.

Depending on the age of your kids either start in Fantasyland, going on Peter Pan first then head over to Dumbo. Once those rides are out of the way finish off Fantasyland in a counter clock wise fashion (Casey Jr, Pinochio, Snow White, Mr. Toad, Alice, Tea Cups, Storybook Canal boats, Small World). Then you will be in place to go to Toontown. By this time the crowds will have picked up and depending on the time you may want to get an early lunch.

For older kids I would go to Space Mountain first. Then Indiana Jones get a Fast Pass if line is longer then 30 mins. Then head back to Splash Mountain, Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, by this time your IJ should be available, ride IJ, then to Thunder Mountain. If you are ready for lunch by this time I recommend Rancho Del Zocola.

After lunch depending on what you accomplished before lunch either finish off the area you were in or pick a new area and explore, ride attractions that you want, see areas that you want etc. About an hour before the parade starts (there will be 2 showing of each parade) find a place to sit. During busy times I use parade and meal times as our break time (unless you have young children that need real naps).

The main thing is to go in with a relaxed attitude.

Also after re-reading your post I do want to point out that most park hoppers (assuming this is what you will be getting) expire 13 days after first use. So if your first day is 12/27; your last day must be on or before 1/9.

Wow! Tks disneychrista. We'd do the Space Mountain, IJ, Pirates, etc. first then attack the other stuff. He'd definitely be interested in Buzz LightYear.

Thanks for heads-up on Park Hopper, which we would not get if we follow these dates.

But, frankly, is the Xmas "magic" a must-do for Disney? Don't forget, the other plan calls for Universal Studios 12/27, and I presume they will also be decked-out in Christmas regalia?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter