• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TS ideas: 2 adults (one non-Disney) OOP

gingerfeathers

DIS Veteran
I'm getting my ducks in a row early and could use some TS restaurant suggestions so that I can make a big list now and start paring it down before our 180 day window opens... you never know what good ideas DISers come up with!

We're two adults in our 30s. I love Disney. DH likes Disney fine, but he's more interested in joining me on this trip to visit Trader Sam's and World Showcase. So we can probably skip the character dining this trip. I think that much Disney might freak him out.

We'll have three-ish days, and at this point I'm thinking I'm not going to purchase the DDP unless he decides he would like to visit California Grill or something else that will make me cry upon receiving the bill OOP. If something like that becomes a must-do, I'll reconsider.

With the above information, what are some restaurants you would consider? I don't know if we'll do TS all three nights or not, nor do I know if we'll try any for breakfast. I haven't decided, but I just want a general list to get me started. Several restaurants that are already on the radar include: Homecoming, Via Napoli (seems like a good value for OOP), Teppan Edo and 'Ohana.

Thoughts appreciated. :)

Last edited:
DH and I are going for an adults only trip for 14 nights. We have booked 15 table service meals (13 dinners and 2 lunches). Some are ones we've been to before and loved but most are new. The ones we are booking again because we loved them so much the first time are:

- Sanaa dinner
- Teppan Edo dinner
- Boma dinner (we did breakfast before and loved it)
- 'Ohana dinner

Your choices are all good. Another suggestion is Kona Café. In my opinion, it is a true hidden gem. The ambiance is nothing special, but it has an extensive menu, the food is usually delicious, and prices are very reasonable (by Disney standards). If you're looking for experience, Ohana and Teppan Edo are better choices. But if you're looking for value (and really good food), you may want to consider Kona Café.

Our favorite buffet is Boma. The restaurant and resort are wonderfully themed, and food is awesome. Not in expensive, but a great opportunity to try unique cuisine!

Your choices are all good. Another suggestion is Kona Café. In my opinion, it is a true hidden gem. The ambiance is nothing special, but it has an extensive menu, the food is usually delicious, and prices are very reasonable (by Disney standards). If you're looking for experience, Ohana and Teppan Edo are better choices. But if you're looking for value (and really good food), you may want to consider Kona Café.

Our favorite buffet is Boma. The restaurant and resort are wonderfully themed, and food is awesome. Not in expensive, but a great opportunity to try unique cuisine!

Kona is definitely on the list! The only reason I excluded it was because I've eaten there before, so I figured I may as well use this upcoming trip as an opportunity to try some new places. Good to know about Boma. I've always wanted to try it too.

With the above information, what are some restaurants you would consider? I don't know if we'll do TS all three nights or not, nor do I know if we'll try any for breakfast. I haven't decided, but I just want a general list to get me started. Several restaurants that are already on the radar include: Homecoming, Via Napoli (seems like a good value for OOP), Teppan Edo and 'Ohana.

DH and I are planning one dinner without the boys on our next trip, and we are paying OOP as well.

Here are the places we are considering:

Skipper Canteen in MK
Tiffins in AK
Hollywood Brown Derby LOUNGE in HS
La Hacienda in EP
Raglan Road at Disney Springs

DH and I are planning one dinner without the boys on our next trip, and we are paying OOP as well.

Here are the places we are considering:

Skipper Canteen in MK
Tiffins in AK
Hollywood Brown Derby LOUNGE in HS
La Hacienda in EP
Raglan Road at Disney Springs
Oh... Brown Derby Lounge is an excellent choice! DH and I went about 2 hours before closing... enjoyed a couple of fancy drinks and delicious appetizers while watching the crowds go by. It was a great evening!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter