TS Experts...HELP!

I ordered the Lamb Shank and the Bobotie Mac and Cheese as an add on. Both of them were delicious. They tasted better than any other meal that I've had at WDW hands down. My family and I are going to same week as you so we're hoping that we can grab a Jiko reservation then as well. Here are some pictures of each.
Right up my alley!

Alright, friends....this year from December 25 - January 2 we have the gigantic splurge family trip to WDW! There are five of us total including myself, my husband, my in-laws, and my BIL. We will be staying at Yacht Club. Traditionally all of us are "eat as we go" type people. Grab something from mobile order and munch on it as we walk to the next thing. With this trip being much longer than we are used to and with it being the first time all 5 of us are going together, I suggested to everyone that we slow down and enjoy some of the TS options. They were reluctant (time is money!), but since my husband and I are fronting the bill for the entire trip, my in-laws seem up to taking things slower. For reference, the longest trip to WDW they have ever taken was 4 days. This one is NINE! They see that if we go the same pace as usual, we will be tired and cranky by the end of the trip.

I have a rough itinerary sketched out and took into account where we would be on the trip, what our food likes/interests are, etc. We have done a few table service places over the years, but we are definitely newbies. SO! This is where you ride-or-die Table Service aficionados come in...Please impart your wisdom!

Places we have done that we would enjoy doing again based on past experiences:
  • Boma, Beaches & Cream, Ale & Compass, Trattoria al Forno,

Places we have never done but would like to possibly, maybe, kinda try for this upcoming trip:
  • Hollywood Brown Derby, Topolino's Terrace, Wine Bar George, Il Mulino, Citricos, Morimoto Asia

We would like to do one TS per day. Is there anything you do or do not recommend? What am I missing? Help!
From your list, Ale and Compass was a hit for us. This is the first time we’ve tried it and I’ve always been reluctant but we all loved it.

Trattoria Al Forno has a great breakfast and the dinner is good but I think Il Mulino is much better with more options.

Have fun planning!

May I ask what are your favorite dishes at Jiko? Looking at the menu it looks fantastic!
I had the short ribs, and DH had the lamb. Although we both enjoyed our meals, I kind of wish I'd gotten the lamb only because lamb is something that for some reason is very hard to find at home.

Hollywood Brown Derby is amazing and is basically a must do every trip if I'm spending a day at Studios. They have everything from steaks and pork chops to salads.

Il Mulino is pretty good. The pasta is fantastic and is all made fresh, the veal parm was pretty good too but I was pretty full from the bread and pasta by that point. It's expensive for Italian food and there is no Disney theming at all, but the restaurant is still beautiful.

Since it seems like you're ok dropping big money on meals, Jaleo is my favorite restaurant in Disney Springs. Huge variety of dishes to choose from. I would definitely go there over Morimoto, Wine Bar George would be my second favorite in Disney Springs.

I think Be Our Guest is worth a visit at least once. It's pricey and the food is basic (but pretty good IMO), but the theming and whole experience is a lot of fun.

If you like Boma then I think you'll love Tiffins. I usually don't have time for a TS meal in AK, but if you can schedule it them I think it's pretty amazing.

If you like Trattoria then I think you'll also like Tutto Italia in Epcot. Also not cheap for Italian food, but tasty.

Hollywood Brown Derby is amazing and is basically a must do every trip if I'm spending a day at Studios. They have everything from steaks and pork chops to salads.

Il Mulino is pretty good. The pasta is fantastic and is all made fresh, the veal parm was pretty good too but I was pretty full from the bread and pasta by that point. It's expensive for Italian food and there is no Disney theming at all, but the restaurant is still beautiful.

Since it seems like you're ok dropping big money on meals, Jaleo is my favorite restaurant in Disney Springs. Huge variety of dishes to choose from. I would definitely go there over Morimoto, Wine Bar George would be my second favorite in Disney Springs.

I think Be Our Guest is worth a visit at least once. It's pricey and the food is basic (but pretty good IMO), but the theming and whole experience is a lot of fun.

If you like Boma then I think you'll love Tiffins. I usually don't have time for a TS meal in AK, but if you can schedule it them I think it's pretty amazing.

If you like Trattoria then I think you'll also like Tutto Italia in Epcot. Also not cheap for Italian food, but tasty.
This is really helpful! For Be Our Guest, do you prefer breakfast, lunch, dinner, or does it matter really which meal?

This is really helpful! For Be Our Guest, do you prefer breakfast, lunch, dinner, or does it matter really which meal?
Right now it's only lunch and dinner and it's the same 3 course menu for both.

Back when they had breakfast, it was expensive and not very good, but still half the price of dinner if you just care about getting inside the castle.

Don’t forget Oga’s Cantina, Topolinos breakfast and CRT dinner: 50th wine flight, food quality and service Topolinos level, lost slipper special dessert (slipper dessert in a chocolate dome), special dietary accommodation. Space220 lounge would be better as dinner was over 2.5 hrs (food not worth it, relaxing atmosphere). Space220 availability will be 60+6, but there are cancellations. A heavy meal like BOG would be best for dinner.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-50th-anniversary-celebration-sips-and-bites/

https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/magic-kingdom-specialty-desserts/

Y'all are awesome. Thank you! After talking with the family, browsing the menus, and considering where we will be and when we will be there, here is what we are currently looking at attempting to book at 60 days out:
  • 60+0: Flying Fish Dinner
  • 60+2: Ale & Compass Breakfast
  • 60+3: Jungle Skipper Canteen Dinner
  • 60+4: Hollywood Brown Derby Dinner
  • 60+5: Boma or Jiko Dinner
  • 60+6: Wine Bar George Brunch (already booked via Open Table)
  • 60+7: Oga’s Cantina Early Afternoon
  • 60+8: Trattoria al Forno Breakfast
What do you think I should prioritize booking first, second, third, etc.?

Y'all are awesome. Thank you! After talking with the family, browsing the menus, and considering where we will be and when we will be there, here is what we are currently looking at attempting to book at 60 days out:
  • 60+0: Flying Fish Dinner
  • 60+2: Ale & Compass Breakfast
  • 60+3: Jungle Skipper Canteen Dinner
  • 60+4: Hollywood Brown Derby Dinner
  • 60+5: Boma or Jiko Dinner
  • 60+6: Wine Bar George Brunch (already booked via Open Table)
  • 60+7: Oga’s Cantina Early Afternoon
  • 60+8: Trattoria al Forno Breakfast
What do you think I should prioritize booking first, second, third, etc.?
Oga's is the only one on this list that is traditionally difficult. Maybe do Brown Derby and Flying Fish next, next Jungle Skipper, then Jiko and Trattoria, and finally Ale and Compass. Aside from Oga's, these should be easy if you book early at 60+ days.

I forgot that we have eaten at Sanaa and really enjoyed it! Since the reopening I noticed the menu was more limited, so I took it off my list. Maybe things will change.

I also was eyeing Space 220 but I feel like that will be next to impossible to get. How far out into my trip would I need to look when my 60-day window arrive?

If the restaurant, you'll probably be ok a little closer in to your arrival date. Lounge? Seems like 60+8 is about the closest in I've seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter