• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

TS at DHS....what's your fave??

2disneygirls

Mouseketeer
I have all our other nights figured out.....except our DHS day. What would be best for dh, me, dd7 and dd10 (both a wee bit picky)?:confused:

I have all our other nights figured out.....except our DHS day. What would be best for dh, me, dd7 and dd10 (both a wee bit picky)?:confused:

We eat at Mama Melrose every year (it gets a lot of mixed reviews, but we've always had great food and service) for the Fantasmic package. We did not care for Brown Derby...thought it was overrated. We refuse to dine at Hollywood & Vine after two horrible experiences, but it gets some good reviews and is a buffet so it might fit your group better. Prime Time is fun with good "American" food. We enjoyed Sci Fi the last time we were there...which was probably at least 8 years ago...but we have read they've changed the menu and I'm not sure your girls would appreciate it with the sci-fi film clips they show.

We really enjoyed Hollywood Brown Derby, but it is pricier as its a Signature one. This of course also means that if your on the DDP then it will take up 2TS credits per person.

We love Mama Melrose's and 50's is good too. We dine at both every year. MM's has wonderful flatbread pizza your kids may enjoy.

Now Brown Derby is my favorite but my kids are into that kind of dining. The 2 of them are never picky about anything - I know odd kids but I consider myself blessed.

We usually do Mama Melrose's because the food is good and the price is right. If we want to splurge again we will do Brown Derby but Mama Melrose's will do in a pinch!

Another vote for Mama Melrose's. We like the ambience and the Italian/Californain menu. We've always had good meals there, despite some negative reviews.

DH and I enjoyed Mama Melrose the last time we were there but every time we go to DHS now we must go to 50s PTC. My kids insist on it, even the 16 year old. This last trip we had a cousin named Lookili and he became my then 9 year old son's best friend.
Robin M.

Personally I would say either Sci Fi or Prime Time - Both has excellent food and our service has always been great at both places.

Granted, we are probably the exception, but we really enjoy Hollywood & Vine. Granted we like buffets, which I think is the key, but its much better than a typical buffet and has something for everyone. Again though, it depends on your opinion of buffets!

Been to PT & Sci Fi. Food at PT was ok. We had burgers and shakes at SF and they were very good. We are trying Mama Melrose this year. Glad to see it getting some positve reviews for a change!! :goodvibes

If your group has picky eaters and you don't want to do a buffet, my sugestion is Mama Melrose.

It's the only 'must-do' DHS restaurant on my list. To be honest, I'm the pickiest eater of my crew and they will make any menu item exactly as I want it prepared, leaving some items out and even adding some if I ask. Now most WDW restaurants are pretty good about that, but Mama Melrose's always makes me feel that they really are happy to comply with my requests.

If you're not completely sure you want a TS there at DHS, you could always enjoy a nice boat ride over to EPCOT and eat there then return on the boat after. Just an idea.
:goodvibes

We :lovestruc 50's Prime Time! We've always had great food there and it can be a lot of fun if your server is into it! Sci-Fi is great too - we all had reubens and ribs and they were yummy!

We ate at Prime Time and Sci-Fi in June and I would definetly choose Sci-Fi!!! We thought the food at Prime Time wasn't very good. But the atmosphere was fun. If you are going for food I would go with Sci-Fi. We loved it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter