Trying to understand Use Year?

ProudMommyof2

DIS Veteran
I have read a lot but still a little confused.

We are considering a HHI contract. DH is a teacher and kids are older, so 3rd week of April break or summer visits will not change any time soon.

What is a good use year?

TIA!

For the best banking insurance, pick a UY just prior to your 8 month vacation season. In your case an April UY will cover vacations April to November, the April banking window.

:earsboy: Bill

We are considering a HHI contract. DH is a teacher and kids are older, so 3rd week of April break or summer visits will not change any time soon.

What is a good use year?

TIA!
If you're doing April and summer, April would be perfect. Are you looking to go to HHI routinely? As you likely know, the third week of April tends to be the HH PGA tournament. Buying HH simply for WDW is likely not a good choice due to higher fees and no 11 month WDW window. Buying it for HH and WDW both routinely can be a good choice as can buying less of 2 different resorts (HH & WDW).

We live in RI, so our spring break is tied to Patriot's Day. We would be looking to go to HHI far more than WDW. Maybe try for Aulani or VGC.

At WDW, we loved Bonnet Creek. A 2 bedroom cost us $95 a night, less than the MFs woul be at a DVC resort, let alone buying the points.

Thanks for the help.

We live in RI, so our spring break is tied to Patriot's Day. We would be looking to go to HHI far more than WDW. Maybe try for Aulani or VGC.

At WDW, we loved Bonnet Creek. A 2 bedroom cost us $95 a night, less than the MFs woul be at a DVC resort, let alone buying the points.

Thanks for the help.
As stated, I'd have to wonder if DVC is the best choice for you. Other systems will get you better resorts in better locations (IMO) than DVC HH and all of those will get you access to top resorts in the Disney area, many of which are at least as nice as any DVC resort. Marriott will cover Williamsburg, Jersey, Boston, MB, HH, FL beaches & Orlando among other options. Bluegreen will give you access to a number of resorts in New England as well as Manhattan club, Hershey, MB, Savannah, FL beaches and Orlando. Wyndham will give you a number of options including DC, MB, Edisto Island, Bonnet Creek and the FL beaches including the top option in Destin & PCB. All of those will also give you better and more other options for other locations as well including LV, West Coast & HI and generally for a lessor overall price for the same trips. All you're really giving up is better onsite access at WDW but all have the potential to get you to WDW on property by exchange in one way or another. Most will be cheaper than DVC both up front and yearly.

What is a good use year?

TIA!

Note that HHI has large dues. Over time, it's the dues that drives the overall cost. If you are buying HHI to stay at WDW, then I would consider not doing that. I'd look at a WDW DVC resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter