• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trying to plan mals....

Jager_mom

Mouseketeer
I have decided that we will be going on Wed and Thurs using our EE on Thursday, but I am having a hard time planning meals.

We will be eating at the parks for both days....So far this is what I have planned

Wed-
Breakfast ?

Lunch-Hungry Bear Restaurant

Dinner- Rainforest Cafe

Thurs-

Breakfast- Lilo and Stitch aloha breakfast

Lunch-?

Dinner-?

I was thinking about trying to find a fun place for the kids to eat lunch at, I was thinking The Buzz lightyear place????

Please help out, if you have any suggestions please let me know, I need all the help can get, I am the only one planning this vacation for 11 people.

My only advice---don't stress about meals. Last time we went, we just ate when we were hungry, at wherever was closest. We found that really worked for the 7 of us.

We tried to have lunch early like 11:15, or late like 1:45 or so, to avoid the big rush. We usually got 3 meals between the 4 of us, and found that to be plenty. We drank water to save money.

The Buzz Lightyear Pizza Planet was great. We got pizza and salad for fairly cheap, and were satisfied.

(this time I am planning one character meal, and am finding it very stressful to pick the right day/time/place etc..!!)

Dont stress it--it is just food!

You could also check out http://www.dlresortinfo.com/

It has lots of menus on it. :)

My opinion on breakfast is not to plan it in the parks. That is your best time to get on many rides and you don't want to waste time sitting and eating. Not sure where you are staying, but a good place to grab a quick bite before the parks open is White Water Snacks inside the Grand Californian, they have quick stuff like cold cereal, yogurt, fruit but also have hot breakfast sandwiches and burritos.

Lunch and dinner. The Buzz place (I can't even remember what it's called now) is not really anything special, other than every hour or so, Buzz comes out for autographs in the stage area. He doesn't come around to the tables, you have to go line up to see him.

I'd say if you are not looking for a sit down meal, then just grab something from whatever counter service you are near when everyone is ready to eat. A favorite of my 10 yr old son is the French Market. Go figure, it's not character themed at all, but he loves to sit and watch the River Rascals, a jazz band that plans out there in the evenings. Plus they have Mickey shaped chicken nuggets for the kids meal.

I'm with Albertan Mom and Got2Travel on the "eat where it's convenient" part. The one thing I would add is make yourself a list of "recommended" choices by Land so you'll know what to look for and/or avoid wherever you are when you get hungry.

For example, I've heard the toys in the kids' meals at Burger Invasion are especially cool. . . only I couldn't tell you where to find it! :rotfl2: That restaurant list is on my "Things To Do". If I could only tear myself away from the DIS boards to actually get something accomplished. . . :rolleyes:

Sorry I couldn't add any specific suggestions!

I think I will plan one day and then just wing it on the second.

So wednesday looks like ( I changed the breakfast due to the free breakfast at the Candy Cane Inn on Thursday)

B-Lilo and Stitch
L-Hungry Bear
D-Rainforest Cafe

Thursday- Free breakfast at hotel
and I will take the advice of so many others and try to get a bite in at Bengals BBQ :cool1:

Dale-n-Chip said:
For example, I've heard the toys in the kids' meals at Burger Invasion are especially cool. . . only I couldn't tell you where to find it! :rotfl2:

You do know that Burger Invasion is McDonalds right????....or were you being sarcastic??

:rotfl:

Dale-n-Chip said:
If I could only tear myself away from the DIS boards to actually get something accomplished. . . :rolleyes:

LOL! Can't we all say this?!? I have exactly 5 days until we leave...and what am I doing?!?

noryglory said:
LOL! Can't we all say this?!? I have exactly 5 days until we leave...and what am I doing?!?

you are doing the smart thing--getting all sorts of advice from the Dis boards to make your trip that much better!!
:flower:

Hi
I agree with one of the earlier posters
It's best to make an early start to the park, and if you're having to plan for 11 for three meals, it's even more difficult
We chose to have a quick breakfast (cereal, fruit, coffee, juice and snacks) in our hotel room and then left to go to the park before it opened
It was cheaper and more convenient and we were much quicker heading out of the door ready for park opening
For lunch we ate outside the park (mostly food to go)
On one occasion we ate brunch in GK (but it was more for the character interaction)
Evening meals we again ate out
Our decision was based on speed, convenience, cost and value for money
We deliberately chose not to eat in the park, since we didn't feel there was much value in doing that.....but obviously it's very convenient
Thanks
Richard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter