• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Trying to drive to Poly to Mobile Order Tonga Toast

leoromano

Earning My Ears
Reading the threads about driving to other resorts and its distressing. All I wanna do is drive from Riviera to Poly to mobile order Tonga Toast at Captain Cooks and bring it back to the Riviera for the family. I am DVC so I have no incentive on trying to pull a fast one by making anyone think that I'm trying to get free parking close to MK. Actually, my understanding is that there is no monorail from Poly to MK right now. So, am I going to get turned around? Do I have to tell a long story to the guard as to how I just wanna get in and get right back out?

Very good chance you'll be denied entry, yes. You could take the Skyliner to DHS and then take a bus to Poly, but that sounds like quite a pain for some toast.

is there a way to show them the mobile order on your screen? Or do they not care? Can two people go and one get out of the car to pick up the food while the other person stays with the car.

We are potentially planning to do something similar, so I am curious as well.

is there a way to show them the mobile order on your screen?
We did this at GF 3 weeks ago. Pulled up to the guard shack, they asked to see photo ID and the mobile order. They let us drive right in. We've done something similar at Poly in the past.

Reading the threads about driving to other resorts and its distressing. All I wanna do is drive from Riviera to Poly to mobile order Tonga Toast at Captain Cooks and bring it back to the Riviera for the family. I am DVC so I have no incentive on trying to pull a fast one by making anyone think that I'm trying to get free parking close to MK. Actually, my understanding is that there is no monorail from Poly to MK right now. So, am I going to get turned around? Do I have to tell a long story to the guard as to how I just wanna get in and get right back out?
We’re staying at Poly next year. Tell me a the Tonga toast! 😋

OK. So. Back from vacation. Reporting back to y'all that it was no problem at all Mobile Ordering for Captain Cooks. I explained it the guard. Showed my mobile order on my phone. Told the guard I was just picking up and bringing it back to my hotel. No problem. I parked in the lot and walked in. The Poly isn't looking at it's best right now with half the parking lot filled on account of the construction workers rebuilding the monorail stop. Had to go in the main building from the side entrance. There were maybe at most a dozen people inside the main building so it felt kinda weird walking in a near empty lobby with the Hawaiian music piping through. But the merch hop was open. In any event, the order at Captain Cooks was all ready for me, bagged up. I picked it up, returned to the car, back to my hotel, and ate an amazing Tonga Toast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter