Trying something new, Riverside Resort

Cinderaven

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone,pixiedust:

We are staying at PO Riverside resort, 5-19 thru 5-27 '13. :confused3We have never stayed in this Resort and need to know what building is the best to stay in for bus pick up and drop off, and closest to the diining etc.

We are getting a Preferred Room 1st floor because I use a cane and sometimes a wheelchair:scared1:.(I hate using them.)

Can anyone help with info on this.

(p.s.) has anyone heard about free dining yet????

Hi

We're going to Riverside for the first time this year too! I found this site to be helpful, it was shared in the POR Resort section.

http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php

It's hard to give someone else a recommendation since what one person likes can be what another person despises, so I liked this site because it gave the pro/con's of each section of the resort. Hope this helps and have a wonderful time.

We are going for the first time in May of 14, I'm a huge planner. We are excited to be staying at the Royal rooms. :cool1:

We just stayed there for one night in January and found it to be a delightful resort. The grounds are beautiful. The queen beds are a great addition.

We are staying at PO Riverside resort, 5-19 thru 5-27 '13. :confused3We have never stayed in this Resort and need to know what building is the best to stay in for bus pick up and drop off, and closest to the diining etc.

We are getting a Preferred Room 1st floor because I use a cane and sometimes a wheelchair:scared1:.(I hate using them.)

Can anyone help with info on this.

A PP gave you a link to the POR website that has a great map on it. You will be able to see on the map which of the Preferred buildings is closest to the main building and its bus stop. I believe the closest are #14 and 15.

If you would like more information about WDW and guests with mobility impairments, use (and availability) of wheelchairs/ECV's etc I would highly recommend that you take a look at the disABILITIES board. There is great information on the stickies at the top of their main page. Here's a link:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Which section has the rooms with the extra bed (Murphy/trundle, can't remember). My sister is a family of five. We are a family of four, but we want to stay near each other!

We stayed there pre-reno (in 2010) and loved it. It was also our first time at this resort and we just fell in love with the overall feel of the resort and the food court was wonderful. We stayed in the one of the mansion buildings just over the bridge from Ole Man Island swimming hole. The closest bus depot was the east depot but it was always the last one to pick up and since the bus is shared between POR and POFQ, it was very full by the time it go to us, so we often got on at the main bus depot and got off at east depot. Our building was just a short walk from the main lobby so in the morning it just made more sense to get on there, especially since we ate breakfast there a few mornings.

I think you'll like it. ;)

Cinderaven said:

They are currently running a promotion that you likely used to book your stay. For POR, it is 30% off room rates. I don't think they will be running free dining during your stay (unless you get a pin,) but if they did, you would have to go back to paying regular rate for the room, which cuts down on the "free" part a bit.
We are going 5/25 to 6/1. :-). It is our first stay at POR, and I am excited to check it out.

Which section has the rooms with the extra bed (Murphy/trundle, can't remember). My sister is a family of five. We are a family of four, but we want to stay near each other!

Alligator Bayou has the rooms with the murphy beds. Since your sister has a family of 5, they would be guaranteed one of these rooms. Since you are a family of 4, you would not. You could:

1. Request an AB room that is close to your sister (you'll probably want to link the two reservations). This is not guaranteed, though, since they like to keep those rooms for the larger families.

2. Pay for a preferred room. These rooms are all in the AB buildings closest to the main building. You might not be in the same building as your sister (unless she paid for a preferred room as well), but you'd at least be on the same side of the resort.

Alligator Bayou has the rooms with the murphy beds. Since your sister has a family of 5, they would be guaranteed one of these rooms. Since you are a family of 4, you would not. You could:

1. Request an AB room that is close to your sister (you'll probably want to link the two reservations). This is not guaranteed, though, since they like to keep those rooms for the larger families.

2. Pay for a preferred room. These rooms are all in the AB buildings closest to the main building. You might not be in the same building as your sister (unless she paid for a preferred room as well), but you'd at least be on the same side of the resort.

GREAT info!! Thanks!

We stayed in one of the mansion buildings last year and loved it! This resort is so pretty to just walk around. It comes down to personal choice, but my family definitely liked the mansion building better than AB. It was a prettier, more intimate feeling setting. We used the bus stop outside the main building and it was very close.

Thanks everybody.

The web site is the best yet.

Thank you very much. My DW will be very happy to finally know where we are staying. Building 14 is perfect. I need to walk with a cane and use a ECV or Wheelchair for any long distances. (I know EVC WC:furious:, sorry)

We were told Buildings 90 & 95 by a CM at PORS was the place to stay.

Thanks again.

All the murphy beds are in AB. They will be guaranteed a room in AB; you will not.

I would suggest being in AB as your only request and "link" your reservations together, so the Room assigner will know you would like to stay close to each other.

Another way of ensuring being close to the AB section is request Acadian House, which is closest. However, there is a possibility your party could be on the other side of AB and somewhat far away.

Best to link your reservations, request AB and keep your fingers crossed it is not a busy week and they need all of the AB rooms for families of 5.

We went this past October -- paid for a preferred room and stayed on the first floor Alligator Bayou and LOVED it -- there are about 3-4 steps that you have to climb in order to get on the porch -- but I know there are rooms available without steps too. You will love it there! It was such a great resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter