Trouble accessing dining menus/availability.

luvpoohandcompany

DIS Veteran
UK based and when I log into Disney UK site from either laptop or app on iPhone I can initially access one or two restaurant menus and check availability but then when I try a 2nd/3rd place it comes up with an “access denied from this server”. No amount of logging out and back in seems to fix it until I shut down laptop and come back to it later when I have the same issue. Is anyone else experiencing this or got any solutions. I tried contacting Disney by chat and their solution was to phone if website not working. Not very helpful as I’m just noseying around dreaming of a future trip 😂
It would be a pain if I actually was trying to book adrs though.

This is an ongoing issue with Disney Tech. I have to use a VPN to be able to access most functions. I pay for a VPN anyway as i spend a lot of time on unsecured networks, and in hotels etc because of work. The free VPNS can work fine - but my advice for anybody is to get a paid for VPN trial a couple of days before your ADR date.

I also had a lot of luck calling in and telling the cast members that i'd tried several times to sort this out online (we had several hotel bookings linked across 2 weeks and it just couldn't deal with it) and they came through with some availability for Space 2020 Lounge, and Story book dine that we couldnt see online. So worth calling if you do have issues.

VPNS are also needed if you want to book afterhours, tours etc without calling.

Just an update on this.

I was at disney this week..and my app wouldn't modify or cancel the entire time I was there. 90 percent of the time even with a vpn it would allow me to boom dining. I had to turn my vpn off for it to work as it automatically goes to uk.

I could do everything on line though just a bit of a pain. Guest experiences also moved one for me.

I didn't book anything at 60 as it was a last minute thing. But there is still clearly something going on.

So if you run into any issues just log into the my disney experience on desktop instead of app.

Just an update on this.

I was at disney this week..and my app wouldn't modify or cancel the entire time I was there. 90 percent of the time even with a vpn it would allow me to boom dining. I had to turn my vpn off for it to work as it automatically goes to uk.

I could do everything on line though just a bit of a pain. Guest experiences also moved one for me.

I didn't book anything at 60 as it was a last minute thing. But there is still clearly something going on.

So if you run into any issues just log into the my disney experience on desktop instead of app.
I had problems while in Orlando with all geofenced features while using my SIM card in roaming, it recognized I was using a UK data plan. I had to switch on a VPN or connect to Disney WiFi. Sort of the opposite of what you experienced, Disney IT problems are never boring 🤣

It's nothing compared to universal..

Can't even use mobile dining at all in Universal. Card wasn't accepted.

Turns out the requirements that came in around strong card authentication means that no uk card processors can allow universals systems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter