Tropicana??

arftle

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed at the Tropicana recently? What did you think? Last year we stayed at PVI and enjoyed it, but found some pretty good deals on the Tropicana. Reviews online are pretty mixed though...

I stayed there three times last year. The first two times the rooms and service was great, but the last time I was put in a TINY (and I'm really small, so small rooms are usually fine with me, but this was teeny tiny) room with a phone that didn't work and a connecting door that didn't lock.
I love how close it is to the park, and I love the mini mart that is attached to it (has been really helpful for various things). I'm gluten-intolerant, so I couldn't eat any of their free breakfast, but I don't think that I was missing much. The pool is just a normal pool (so if that's important to you, you may want to look elsewhere), and aside from being across the street from Disneyland, it's a very average motel.

Overall, if you've found a good rate, I'd go for it.

Thanks! It's going to be about $50 less than PVI/night, so I may go ahead and go for it. Doesn't sound like it's much different from PVI. Can't be worse than the HUGE roach we found in our room last year at PVI :scared1:

Thanks! It's going to be about $50 less than PVI/night, so I may go ahead and go for it. Doesn't sound like it's much different from PVI. Can't be worse than the HUGE roach we found in our room last year at PVI :scared1:

Oh, goodness! Certainly no roaches that I saw. Yeah, for $50 less per night I would jump on it. I can't tell you how much I loved being right there by the gate at the end of the night when my legs wanted to fall off and hide. For my trip next month we're staying at Hojo's, and while I'm looking forward to it, I'm sort of being a wimp about the extra walk.

We are either going to stay at Trop of PVI again. Other than the roach we loved the place. I do have to say that they immediately came and took care of it and offered to move us to another room. So we'll see. Being close to the gates is awesome. My Mom is coming with us so the closer we are, the easier it will be for her. And we'll all be happy :goodvibes

We really liked Trop... staying at Park Vue this trip so cannot compare yet...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter