Tropical Storm Erika

There is still a lot of rain throughout the whole area, but the storm itself just fell apart last night/this morning. Just a example that you can never but sure of what a major storm with do, Hurricane or Northern or otherwise.

So no one is disappointed there is a depression right off the coast of Africa to start thinking about in 2 weeks or so.

AKK

There is still a lot of rain throughout the whole area, but the storm itself just fell apart last night/this morning. Just a example that you can never but sure of what a major storm with do, Hurricane or Northern or otherwise.

So no one is disappointed there is a depression right off the coast of Africa to start thinking about in 2 weeks or so.

AKK
Ah perfect, I'm doing the sept 19 cruise!

AKK
I was just looking at it this morning. We sail a week from today. Do you think we'll be ahead of it, whatever it decides to do? I am also concerned about the weekend after, Sept 11-12. We'll be at the parks.

Looking good for the Fantasy cruise today. Erika is now officially below tropical storm strength. Lots of rain forecast for the west coast, panhandle and Florida Keys. Have a great trip! That tropical wave coming off Africa shouldn't be a problem this week.

I was just looking at it this morning. We sail a week from today. Do you think we'll be ahead of it, whatever it decides to do? I am also concerned about the weekend after, Sept 11-12. We'll be at the parks.

Hi there.

So far this year the storms have had a mind of their own!.

My best idea would be your ok , but when your debarking the Fantasy, you should be starting to keep a eye out to see what if anything this one maybe doing.

Have a great trip!

AKK

Please let this other "thing" out there stay away, we have to fly out of South Florida on the 11th to get to our cruise in Hawaii.........

And prayers for Hawaii right now, Lorimay. Ignacio is a Cat 3 now and headed in Hawaii's direction. You should have no issues flying out to HNL for our cruise. Can't wait!

And prayers for Hawaii right now, Lorimay. Ignacio is a Cat 3 now and headed in Hawaii's direction. You should have no issues flying out to HNL for our cruise. Can't wait!

Another hurricane is heading there way??? Omgosh poor people, they are getting them one after another. Hope it doesn't cause too much damage or injuries, prayers sent their way.

Hum, sailing on Sept 19th Fantasy, I was looking at the new system on NOAA and asked my meteorology friend what the chances are for developing....he said as of right now...40-60% chance

Looking good for the Fantasy cruise today. Erika is now officially below tropical storm strength. Lots of rain forecast for the west coast, panhandle and Florida Keys. Have a great trip! That tropical wave coming off Africa shouldn't be a problem this week.

It is wonderful news that all those guests, who must have been very worried, will be able to have a great cruise after all. When we've had dark clouds like this hanging over our plans, it made the vacations, as well as our memories of them, even more special when things worked out after all. Also, perhaps more families than usual got unexpected port upgrades because of cancellations(?). I am looking forward to reading any cruise reports.

I am in the Ft. Lauderdale area, the storms we had last night, all night long lightening and loud thunder it was unbelievable.
I have lived here since I was 9 yrs. old and have been through many hurricanes, but this was the absolute worst thunder, lightening storms I have ever seen. I am happy it was a nigh ttime thing and most people where safely hime and not on the roads.

It was really crazy last night. Looks like it has really dissipated today.
I am really liking this site for tracking the storms as they come off of Africa.
http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/
He has all of the info in one place so I don't have to search for it. I also really liked how he covered Erika and her progress.

Thanks Webmaster Mike that will help, I took no action on thread and didn't post to it. Thanks again Danny

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter