Tron Lightcycle Run coming to MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, definitely, that would be awesome. Electric cars are hopefully in the cards for the Speedway. I think they use them in Tokyo Disneyland. The sound and smell of the current ride just doesn't say the future to anybody.

It would be cool if Tesla sponsored it too.

They definitely had them (electric cars) in Hong Kong - they made fun retro-futuristic sounds too when you accelerated. Small thing like that made the whole thing *feel* more futuristic than what WDW has

Interesting discussions about what could be done with the speedway. Still, I don't know why Disney would bother doing anything to it. Its always got a line so its still very popular with kids the way it is right now.

Interesting discussions about what could be done with the speedway. Still, I don't know why Disney would bother doing anything to it. Its always got a line so its still very popular with kids the way it is right now.

that is true - though it is a rather slow loader so while yes there is a line it has rather low hourly capacity so hopefully if they do adjust it they figure out a way to increase that some

For real? This is actually happening? :D I love how the train goes under/through the attraction. Also great that the speedway is staying :) I don't even like Tron the movie, but I'm likely going to plan a trip around this (footage from the Shanghai attraction has always made me sooooo jealous).

I agree, but since the drawing looks like it goes through part of the TRON coaster building, I wonder about exhaust fumes in that building? I'd think they might want to do something before that happens?

For real? This is actually happening? :D I love how the train goes under/through the attraction. Also great that the speedway is staying :) I don't even like Tron the movie, but I'm likely going to plan a trip around this (footage from the Shanghai attraction has always made me sooooo jealous).

I wonder how that part with be handled - as a Steam Train sort of breaks up the whole "future theme". So I wonder if it will be a tunnel for the train - perhaps with some dioramas ala Disneyland

I think they could plus it though. It could use some tlc 100%

I wonder how that part with be handled - as a Steam Train sort of breaks up the whole "future theme". So I wonder if it will be a tunnel for the train - perhaps with some dioramas ala Disneyland

Good point, especially with steam from the train coming up into the Tron attraction. Tunnels are probably a good bet.

It's the 1 ride in another Disney park that I have always said I would love to see come to WDW.
Maybe because I loved Tron as a kid, I dunno.
But the ride just screams AWESOME!

I wonder, with the Tron ride coming if Magic Kingdom will do some sort of Fastpass Tier program like in all the other parks.

The reason the other parks have to do a tier system is because of the lack of top attractions, many of those parks only have 2 or 3 top tier rides. Tron coming to MK will only give more options of top tier attractions so there would be no reason to add tiers. They'll have Tron, SM, BTMR, 7DMT, SM, POTC, PP - all of which are major fastpass draws.

I can't figure out why anyone wants to keep the putt putt cars from 1971...it's time...

I don't mean remove the speedway, but put some new tech and stop burning saudi juice, please?

I haven't seen anyone advocating for the stinky, loud, dirty, low capacity cars. Just for keeping the ride in general. I don't think too many people would be upset if it got better vehicles, so long as it remains. Personally, I'd rather use that land for something else, but since it seems it is going to remain, something has to be done with the awful vehicles.

I can't figure out why anyone wants to keep the putt putt cars from 1971...it's time...

I don't mean remove the speedway, but put some new tech and stop burning saudi juice, please?

I'm with you. 45 years ago that was a unique experience. Today, not so much.

I'm with you. 45 years ago that was a unique experience. Today, not so much.
The Speedway was never a "unique experience" even when it opened in 1971. Most regional theme parks at the time had, and many still have, similar driving experiences. And many have even switched to using electric vehicles by now. Granted, many only have one track and not the 4 side by side tracks they have at MK, but other than that there is no difference (other than most regional parks having a more scenic route than the really boring Speedway at MK).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter