TRON D23 Preview

I notice in the info it states to check in at the TTC. The 18th is our MK day even though we aren’t planning to head there until mid afternoon. I’m wondering if I’m really going to have to leave, hop on the monorail, check in at the TTC, and then turn around and head back to the park.

I notice in the info it states to check in at the TTC. The 18th is our MK day even though we aren’t planning to head there until mid afternoon. I’m wondering if I’m really going to have to leave, hop on the monorail, check in at the TTC, and then turn around and head back to the park.
Good question! I’m not sure. Have there been similar preview events, especially at MK? This is my first preview event and D23 event, so I don’t have any prior experience.

There was a Cosmic Rewind D23 preview. It wouldn’t have been as cumbersome to leave the park to pick up their lanyards, but I wonder how that was handled.

For the D23 GotG preview we were already at Epcot and had to go out at the main entrance to pick up the lanyards and tickets and come back in. Not such a big deal since the ride is right there. I don't remember if we both needed to be there.

The TTC pick up sounds inconvenient if you're already going to be at MK.

I'm so happy for all of you who were able to get Previews!

That being said, we were not so lucky :(
I was able to get through a few minutes into the onsale, and was told I had ten minutes to check out but as I was entering information my reservation was canceled and I was told it was sold out.

I feel like I let my little guy(in particular) down...

I just wanted to put it out there that my Family will be there "by chance" on March 18th and both myself and more importantly, my Son are HUGE TRON fans. I'm a Teacher and we can only afford to get down there every few years, so I REALLY want to get my little guy on that ride. If ANYONE has a +1 or any other means to get someone on that ride in Mid March, please reach out to me? I would be eternally grateful... We believe in Disney Magic and I know this will happen somehow. I just KNOW IT!

Thanks for listening to my plea!

I really appreciate all of the Love and Positive Energy I see around here from CMs, Fans, Friends and Families.

Have a Magical Day Y'all!!!

Jerry

Just occurred to me we will get to ride the ride in the dark ! Awesome!
That’s why I really was hoping I’d get the D23 event! I’m sure there will be some later times for AP previews, but (yes I’m trying for that too) I’m just going to be grabbing the first time I see for a day that works for me!

That’s why I really was hoping I’d get the D23 event! I’m sure there will be some later times for AP previews, but (yes I’m trying for that too) I’m just going to be grabbing the first time I see for a day that works for me!
Ditto

I'm so happy for all of you who were able to get Previews!

That being said, we were not so lucky :(
I was able to get through a few minutes into the onsale, and was told I had ten minutes to check out but as I was entering information my reservation was canceled and I was told it was sold out.

I feel like I let my little guy(in particular) down...

I just wanted to put it out there that my Family will be there "by chance" on March 18th and both myself and more importantly, my Son are HUGE TRON fans. I'm a Teacher and we can only afford to get down there every few years, so I REALLY want to get my little guy on that ride. If ANYONE has a +1 or any other means to get someone on that ride in Mid March, please reach out to me? I would be eternally grateful... We believe in Disney Magic and I know this will happen somehow. I just KNOW IT!

Thanks for listening to my plea!

I really appreciate all of the Love and Positive Energy I see around here from CMs, Fans, Friends and Families.

Have a Magical Day Y'all!!!

Jerry
I only got 2 and i got them for my dds birthday trip that weekend.

However she is not into Tron . I’m not sure what will be in our gift bags . Maybe it’s something we can share ?

We won’t know until that night though 🤔

We did buy Tron backpacks that light up maybe get him so thing fun like that?

Sorry you didn’t get the tickets! It was crazy stressful .

Last edited:
I kept refreshing even after it said sold out, hoping maybe some tickets would drop out of carts. Eventually added 2 at one point but then it kicked me and said they were sold out again. Kept refreshing again, and was able to add just 1 ticket. Successfully checked out with the single ticket, but I was planning to go with a family member and now I can't, so that's a bummer.

Got two tickets for my dad and brother. I'm an AP and they're not so hoping I can land an AP preview either the 18th before the event or on the 19th.

Got two tickets for my dad and brother. I'm an AP and they're not so hoping I can land an AP preview either the 18th before the event or on the 19th.
My understanding is that the Gold member has to be one of the attendees. Were you signed up with their membership? (Just checking, maybe I’m wrong!)

My understanding is that the Gold member has to be one of the attendees. Were you signed up with their membership? (Just checking, maybe I’m wrong!)

My Dad's the second on my Duo and my brother has his own. I logged in on my brother's account to buy the tickets.

I'm not DVC or AP but I am a D23 gold member, this was my only shot, and thankfully I nailed it. 2 tixx scored right when they went on sale today. Cannot wait for the event. Now to figure out the Tron fashion! :D
Me too! I feel like I have so many options, and I have a Cricut. We could try to do a light Disneybound, with blue “racing” stripes (and maybe some glow in the dark details). Or I could make a Flynn’s Arcade T-shirt. Or simply a shirt that says I GOT IN.

Or I could go a bit off theme. I have a Halyx T-shirt (Disneyland 80s band), and that symbol is pretty Tron-like. Also toying around with a Zenon Disneybound.

Here is the D23 info:

About Your Mobile Tickets​

You will receive a link to your tickets via text message 03/17/2023 at the number you provided: +1 ———. When you arrive at the event, the barcode in this link can be scanned and validated to grant you admission to the event. (Please note: Your phone must be able to access the Internet to receive your ticket barcode.)

To edit your phone number, visit https://tickets.d23.com/my-ticketsand sign in to manage your account.​
Greetings User!

We hope you’re ready to enter the grid at the D23 Gold Member Preview of TRON Lightcycle / Run at Magic Kingdom Park on Saturday, March 18, 2023!

Before you begin your user upload, please review the game rules before striving for a truly “high-score” experience:
● Check-in will be open from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m., located at a dedicated ticket booth at the Transportation Ticket Center. Please look for dedicated signage. Parking is included with this event, so please be sure to have your event ticket and photo ID ready to show at the Auto Plaza at the Transportation Ticket Center.
● Access to Magic Kingdom Park will be available upon receiving your event materials. You will then be able to make your way to Magic Kingdom Park from the Transportation Ticket Center, via monorail or ferry.
● Upon arrival at the Magic Kingdom Park, please look for the dedicated entry point at the main gate, marked with signage.
● You will then be able to explore Magic Kingdom Park on your own before heading to TRON Lightcycle / Run in Tomorrowland beginning at 6:30 p.m. Please avoid queueing at the attraction entrance, as we will be opening to D23 Gold member attendees promptly at 6:30 p.m.
● The evening continues with an opportunity to power up the Lightcycles and preview TRON Lightcycle / Run! (TRON: Lightycycle / Run has a height requirement of 48 inches. All attendees of this event must be able to adhere to the height requirement. Any guests who cannot abide will not be allowed to experience this attraction.)
● We encourage you to dress in your Flynn’s Arcade best and plan for potential weather. The Grid is an unexpected place, and we want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible, so you have an enjoyable experience. Please feel free to have fun with your outfits, but dress comfortably and appropriately by adhering to the guest dress code for Walt Disney World.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/tron-lightcycle-run/

Locker System:
● New to TRON Lightcycle / Run, a double-sided and digitized locker system will be used to store bags and loose items while you race on your Lightcycle. Inside the attraction queue, these complimentary lockers pair directly with your MagicBand, MagicBand+ or ticket media so you can easily lock and reopen your locker with a quick tap. Guests without a MagicBand or other ticket media (such as a card) will be provided with a card to assign to their locker. All items must be placed either in a locker before you board your Lightcycle, or in a small compartment located on the attraction vehicle that can hold items such as cellphones, glasses or wallets.

Guest Policies:
● Tron Lightcycle / Run is a high-speed, roller coaster-type thrill ride on motorcycle-style vehicles inside a dark, computerized world with sharp turns, sudden drops and stops.
● Supervise children at all times.
● Children under age 7 years must be accompanied by a person aged 14 years or older.
● A transferable vehicle is available which provides a bench seat with lap bar.
● The seating and restraints on this attraction may prohibit guests of certain body shapes or sizes from riding.
● All loose articles must be stored in the lockers or left with a non-rider.
● Persons who do not meet the minimum height requirement of 48 inches (122 cm) may not ride.
● WARNING! For safety, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not ride.

Please be sure you bring your ticket, photo ID, and D23 Gold Membership card. Guests will not be admitted without their photo ID and ticket. Note that capacity for this event is extremely limited, and there will NOT be extra tickets or space available for guests that do not already have tickets for this special event. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

We thank you for being a valued D23 Gold member. It’s special experiences like these that make this fan club—ULTIMATE! We look forward to seeing you in the Grid!

-The D23 Team​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter