Trips and Falls and everything in between..TR -UPDATE Day 5 part 3 --- 12/13

We headed towards the Buses to Animal Kingdom Lodge which was luckily was the first bus. We headed to AKL for Dinner at Boma and since we were at the Studios it would be quite a drive.

DSC_0629.jpg

I wish I could say "I wish I was checking in" but I can't. I just didn't like the inside atmosphere. The most I like about this resort was the animals, in which we only saw,

DSC_0648.jpg

Giraffes

and

DSC_0646.jpg

Antelopes?

I also saw ostriches with eggs, but they weren't real.

DSC_0644.jpg

Lol.

We ate at
DSC_0655.jpg

Boma, after people here raved about the zebra domes and how good the food was. But after our experience, I would not like to go back.

DSC_0668.jpg

DSC_0669.jpg

I only had like one and a half plates of the main food and only 1 plate of dessert. We don't have much luck when it comes to buffet's at Disney World...especially boma. I am sorry but I don't know what so great about the Zebra domes, I didn't quite care for it.

By the time the bill came and what not we both had digestive problems and so forth I'll let you make a guess where our first stop was before the buses...and it wasn't the gift shop.

We did stop in the gift shop though which is where we picked up advil for my leg pain and pin backs, but not before I lost a pin somewhere in the building. It was one of the E-Passes pins i think it was "D" but whatever.
We took the buses

DSC_0672.jpg

tooooooooo.

DSC_0673.jpg

Epcot to catch a bus back to Pop Century to call it a night. We had to go all the way down to 15. We walked and then ran when we saw a bus about to leave for Pop Century. Phew. lol. Anyway, when we got back to the room, I went through the pins I had left. lol. I got a lot of great pins this trip.

DSC_0677.jpg

I think that picture was taken a day before because I noticed the lost pin is at the top which is an E. lol. This is not all of them but most of the keepers. I was thrilled when I found a Sorcerer's of the Kingdom pin on a Cast member! and a paint can which I think you can only get at Disney Land. I also got Stitch Paint Can. (More later).

That concludes Day 4!

Day 5 was great...At least there was no slipping and falling in the cafeteria. lol. Pop Century got into the Holiday Season with their Christmas tree they put a day or night before.

DSC_0689.jpg

Looks awesome right?

On Day Five, my legs were fine while we were in the hotel so we decided to go to the Magic Kingdom. My friend and I were talking on the phone a few months ago bout which park was the best park, for the entrance, whether it was a LONG walk or short walk. We decided that the parks ranked in this order:

#1 - Hollywood Studios. You don't have a long walk to the entrence from the bus stop when you are getting to the park
#2 - Epcot. Depending on where the bus drops you off, this park is the 2nd park that has a little walk.
#3 - Magic Kingdom...This park is out ragous when you get off the bus you have to go down and around to get to the entrance. I would hate to walk to the this park from the Contemporary since just getting to the entrance is a work out. lol.
#4 - Animal Kingdom...The worst park for distance from the buses. Sometimes I think driving to this park and getting a shuttle is less walking then the buses. lol.

What are YOUR opinions?

Anyway...back to the trip report.
We went to the Magic Kingdom.

DSC_0694.jpg

Our first stop was the customer service desk to get my "My Pal Mickey" to work at the park. Unfortunately i was told that he no longer worked at the parks for several years now and for my trouble he said he could give me a $25.00 gift certificate for a new plus or anything... I said sure. :cool:

DSC_0698.jpg

How cool is that!

I ended up getting two Christmas Vinylmations with it.
Our first stop after the customer service, was to get more Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom Cards. As we were walking towards the Fire House, we found the cart of pins. We decided to grab some for Birthdays and Celebrations.

DSC_0697.jpg

I like the concept of the pin cart. :)

Anyway, we got to the firehouse and stood in line, I managed to snap this picture with my phone:

DSC_0700.jpg

I think it looks cool with the broken castle and the vines... lol. Am I a sorcerer or villian? lol

After that we walked through the shops, where I bought the two vinylmations and my mom got a Jiminy Cricket plush that we sent back to our room. We got through the stores and onward to Adventureland, but not before getting a few pictures of the castle.

DSC_0710.jpg

On the way to Adventureland I noticed these skulls. I wonder if they are real skulls... I wonder if they are the skulls of people who were not polite to one another.

Our first big attraction or show was:

DSC_0724.jpg

This was the first time I saw the Original Tiki Room, after they got rid of Iago and zazu. Let me say that I think I rather liked the Iago and Zazu version of the show. It gave it more of a show then singing birds. lol.

DSC_0743.jpg

Afterwards we went onto Pirates of the Caribbean.

DSC_0760.jpg

After the ride we were getting ready to call my dad since he was home taking care of the animals and mickey decided that he wanted to sit on the table before we got lunch.

DSC_0774.jpg

For lunch we went into a place in frontier land since the quick service in Adventureland served taco's and burrito's...not one of our favorites.
We got the pulled pork sandwich, which was really good. I think I should have gotten the carrot cake instead of the chocolate cake which was extremely chocolatey,

DSC_0779.jpg

That's it for part 1...

What do we do after lunch?
Stay tuned!

After lunch, we made our way over to go on Splash Mountain, I got a fast pass before lunch but since it was like 10-20 minutes still early, we hopped onto the Magic Kingdom Railroad and took a spin around the Magic Kingdom which is something we do at least once a trip.

DSC_0784.jpg

By the time we got back to Frontierland it was like 10 minutes to go and I hopped on line early because by the time I got to the other cast member up near the steps it would be time already. The lady at the top didn't even read the ticket. lol.

DSC_0797.jpg

This ride, I decided to bring my flip video along for the ride. lol. It went rather well during the drops. lol.

After the ride, we made our way over to the new Fantasyland expansion. Here's my mom in the archway.

DSC_0807.jpg

I was extremely happy that we were able to go into the new expansion and get onto the new Little Mermaid ride as I was disappointed at home before the trip that we would miss everything by a day.

DSC_0816.jpg

I pin traded with a cast member who was dressed in the new attire. My mom asked her if it was comfortable in which the cast member said "no." lol.
I took many pictures.

DSC_0809.jpg

the cast member I pin traded with.

DSC_0814.jpg

DSC_0813.jpg

I took many pictures in que and video as well.

DSC_0827.jpg

If you look at this item this way, it looks like a hidden mickey. :cool:

DSC_0832.jpg

I didn't quite get that the crabs were part of an interactive game? But I thought they were cute none the less.

DSC_0840.jpg

I like the shells. They remind me of the Finding Nemo ride shells meets The Haunted Mansion vehicles. since the back of the shell looks like Finding Nemo but the handle bar is the exact same of the Haunted Mansion. lol.

Here's a video I took. Sorry about the crappy video shots during the cue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFucVU-XL0E <----video

I thought the coolest part of the ride was when it looked like we were going under water. lol.

After the ride we spent time in the new fantasyland expansion by having a snack at the kiosk stand and then heading into the Beauty and the Beast Souvenir Shop and into Gaston's Tavern. We didn't try anything in there but it gives us a reason to go back.

DSC_0849.jpg

Progress on the Seven Dwarfs Mine... They are working on it. This is the ride I am looking forward to the most.

As I was waiting for my mom to be done in the restroom, I noticed this little door.

DSC_0879.jpg

I thought it was the cutiest thing. Do you think the lock looks like a hidden Mickey?

I wonder where the door leads to and wonder if the cast members have a key.

By the time we were done with the expansion, it was time to head over to Epcot for our Dinner Reservation. It was only 1pm but the traveling didn't work out the last time so I thought we'd leave early so we'd get there on time. Since we had to take the monorail to Epcot and Via Napoli is wayyyy at the back of the park... Argh.

Will we get there on time?
What else did we do?

We left the Magic Kingdom via the Monorail to head towards Epcot for our Reservation at Via Napoli. One of the happy surprises was that we did not have to walk all the way down the ramp and around. instead they had the gate open so we could just go to the other side. I think they should do this all year round. :)

DSC_0915.jpg

When we arrived at Epcot, we noticed that they put up the Christmasy Topiary's in the front. My most favorite one of them is Stitch.

DSC_0919.jpg

However my friend will probably say "Donald" is her favorite. lol

DSC_0921.jpg

DSC_0926.jpg

We were just in time to catch the boat over to Italy... Yey. I didn't have to walk all away around.

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q704/Figment-
Princess/2012%20Disney%20World%20Trip/Day5c/DSC_0930.jpg

This photo of Spaceship earth is my favorite
DSC_0938.jpg

We continued our walk to Via Napoli. By the time we got there we were 20-30 minutes early. So we sat and were called 5 minutes later.

I had the Mezzi Rigatoni alla Crema con pollo e piselli

DSC_0942.jpg

and my mom had the chicken? Parmigna

DSC_0943.jpg

For some reason I forgot to take a picture of dessert which was the zeppoli's. My favorite thing in this restaurant.

When we were done, we started walking towards the boat. As I waited for my mom to get done with the ladies room, I took these pictures

DSC_0946.jpg

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q704/Figment-
Princess/2012%20Disney%20World%20Trip/Day5c/DSC_0949.jpg

On the way out of the park, I decided I wanted to go on the more intense ride of the Mission Space. Oy. Luckily my food was already digested. lol.
I took these pictures on the way out

a hidden? mickey
DSC_0959.jpg

my favorite picture

DSC_0967.jpg

DSC_0974.jpg

By the time we got back from the park they were just showing "Cinderella" on the big screen

DSC_0975.jpg

END OF DAY 5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter