Trip Report Vero Beach

dvc guy

DIS Veteran
Just got back from Vero 6 great days in the warm florida sun. We arrived on 2/14 about 1:30 Pm no rooms were ready. We requested no smoking top floor. Since we were checking in on Friday I asked about a ocean view, and was told it might be possible. Room was ready about 3:30 Building 12 top floor 1 bedroom with a ok view of the ocean from the living room.
Room was clean and up to DVC standards.

Every CM we came in contact with was wonderful, with a special thanks to housekeeping. I had need to call a few times and they were up in a flash, blankets, tissues etc. The toilet broke the last morning at 7:30 AM as were getting ready to leave and they were up in less than 5 minutes to fix it(broken chain).

They had great activites for the kids, DJ at the pool one day with games and prizes, and all the CM including the lifeguards were dancing at the end. Bon fire was a big hit with the kids, and the adults enjoyed the music in the Green Cabin Room.
We rented bikes and did a 8 mile ride down the Jungle Trail .
Temps were between 72 and 80 day time.
Went to Typhoon Lagoon one day and visited Dodgers spring training camp, even though we are BIG Yankee fans.

We had a great dinner a Charley's South Beach. They have a great big salad bar and a great menu. 8 people, 6 adults and 2 children 10 & 6. Everybody found something good to eat. 9 miles down A1A from the resort 772-231-6310 . Guest services made the reservation for us.We ordered in from South Beach Pizzeria and it was also very good. We had a pizza which was good( not as good NYC but still good). DW had the eggplant parm and did not leave a crumb. House salad was good and big.

Can't wait for the next trip. Any questions???

What is the status of the beach? I had read on other posts sometime back that there was coniderable erosion. If I recall correctly, some photos showed the water right at the steps that lead from the resort to the beach. Just curious as our last trip to VB was July 2001.

How crowded was the pool/slide? How long did your children have to wait to use the slide? At what time of the day were all the chairs gone? We are going for the first time during Easter, so I am curious as to how crowded the pool gets during busy times.

Thanks,

D. B. Kelly

dbkelly,

We have been pretty close to Easter time and usually try to get down to the pool in the morning if we want certain chairs-like by the slide.

Quite often we have looked down at the pool at 9 am and there wasn't anyone down there.

11 am usually seemed to be the worst time. Everyone coming down at once.

The longest we have waited for the slide was about 10 minutes and that was in October. It gets kinda chilly when you're standing in the slide on the stairs waiting.

VBfamily,

Thank you for the info. We have never been to VB, but we are looking forward to it. I don't want to get my hopes up to high, because I did just that for the cruise and I was disappointed with the cruise. The boat was so crowded that it was impossible to do anything. We decided to try VB to get away from the crowds at WDW during this time. I am trying not to set my expectations too high, so I will just fall in love with the resort.

D. B. Kelly

We usually go at the end of October/early November and love it because it is very slow.

More than once, we had lunch in Shutters(one of the restaurants) by ourselves.

-Usually, getting to the pool early is a good idea.

-We have found the resort to be the busiest on weekends, no matter when we go.

-Sometimes if there are a lot of people at the pool we just grab some snacks from Bleachers and go down to the beach and rent some chairs and an umbrella.

-Our kids love to go down the slide from about 5pm to 6pm. We have experienced many people leaving the pool area during this time to get ready for dinner, etc. It seems like a great time to relax at the pool area. I think the slide closes at 6-at least it did when we were there.

-The worst thing that has ever happened regarding crowds is when we got lunch from Bleachers and we couldn't find a table near the pool. We carried the tray up to our room and ate on the balcony overlooking the pool and ocean. It that's the worst thing that can happen, we're happy.

We were at Vero Dec 2001 and beach looked the same last week.
It is not very wide but you have enough room.

We had no problem getting chairs at the pool, I believe the resort was full over the holiday weekend. The one's in the sun seemed to go 1st, I believe all the sun starved northern'ers wanted to defrost. Even at peak time there seemed to be a chair or two around. If you want a few together plan on getting to the pool about 10 AM

The kids did not complain about a long line at the slide. I saw at most 5/6 people waiting to go down. Even though the resort was full it never seemed that busy/crazy.

Thanx for the report, dvc guy. We were there not long ago, and we also had a great experience. We were glad to see they fixed up the mini-golf a bit. :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!