Trip Report Hong Kong DL Christmas Updated Jan. 21

ExpatDisneyLover

DIS Veteran
Hi Everybody -

Well it is my last night here at Hong Kong Disneyland. I will say I have had a fantastic trip - all I had hoped for and more. I wanted to see the Christmas decorations and it was definitely Christmassy. Now I feel like I have celebrated.:santa:

I have loved the Hollywood Hotel :love:- much more than I was expecting. It is a fantastic hotel with a happy, jazzy vibe. It is solid - with a luxurious touch that surprised me.

I am so looking forward to my last breakfast here in the morning.:cloud9: The breakfast at Chef Mickey's is excellent in my opinion and good value all in all.

I will most definitely stay here again - it will just be a more difficult choice - both hotels are magical in their own special ways.

Thanks for your TR teaser! Can't wait to hear more! I'm going for the first time next year and am wondering if there are any "must try" foods in the park that you'd recommend (meals or snacks). I also need to pick somewhere to have dinner one night. Thanks!

Glad to hear you are having great time :goodvibes and cannot wait to hear more about it popcorn::

Thanks for your TR teaser! Can't wait to hear more! I'm going for the first time next year and am wondering if there are any "must try" foods in the park that you'd recommend (meals or snacks). I also need to pick somewhere to have dinner one night. Thanks!

As far as snacks go I am in love with the caramel popcorn.popcorn:: The refillable bucket make it very affordable too - lol! I liked the Corner Cafe on Main Street for lunch - I've had both the reuben and cheeseburger there and was very happy. Much nicer than just quick service lunches imo.

Honestly the best dinner I had was a grilled salmon, mushroom tortellini I had at the Studio lounge at the Hollywood Hotel - it was small on the portion side but very flavourful and paired lovely with a nice chardonnay.:) I also thought I would try the dinner buffet at the HH but just didn't have time.

Have fun planning your trip! pixiedust: I know Yukiphnx has posted the menus of the park food on the boards here - at least the quick service ones - so you can have something to go by.

Hello Everybody!

I will start with some photos from my iPod. I had a great time travelling - easy train to the airport here in Beijing, lot's of duty free shopping and an easy arrival into Hong Kong. This time I took a taxi from the airport to Disneyland - it took about 20 minutes and cost about 120 HKD.

I checked into the Hollywood Hotel, unpacked, and took the shuttle to the park to soak in the ambiance. I really wanted to see the night parade but unfortunately it was cancelled. I still had a nice dinner at the Corner Cafe on Main Street.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I really loved the Hollywood Hotel! I thought it had class, was very well done and suited me perfectly.

I love the breakfast at Chef Mickey's and the smaller meal options at the Studio lounge. I did miss room service a bit but not much. The pool looked lovely - and I did wish for an indoor option because it was too cold to swim outdoors. But all in all I loved this hotel and will stay again.

The lobby had a wonderful Disney scent and was beautifully decorated for Christmas. There are lots of lovely touches in this hotel that lift it up a notch - the glass in the elevator - gorgeous art deco touches - Studio lounge.

An extra plus was being able to see the fireworks from my room with the background music playing on the telly - very nice!

So now having stayed at both hotels - I love them both - and it may well be a more difficult decision - next trip - which one to book???:upsidedow

pixiedust::santa:

After a lovely sleep in my super quiet and comfy room, I went down for breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I ate breakfast here every morning. It was affordable and well worth it IMO. Most days I didn't eat again until late afternoon or early evening. I did find the Asian offerings more enjoyable than the Western ones on the whole.

Asian side - cold Japanese salads, wasabi, ginger, Chinese dumplings of various kinds, congee, noodles, Indian rice and curries (I loved this!), Indian breads.

Western Options - continental - breads, pastries, cereals, waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, green salad, fruit.

That is what I remember - I imagine there was more available.

Plate 1
ry%3D400

Plate 2
ry%3D400

Plate 3
ry%3D400

So much gorgeous food! :woohoo: Yes, as I said, I didn't each much the rest of the day. :rolleyes1

A picture of the tree in the lobby - gorgeous!

ry%3D400

Thank you for sharing all your wonderful photos and experience. I loved my stay at both of the hotels too. Did you notice much construction going on between the 2 hotels for the 3rd edition? I hope to return once it is built. I love the caramel popcorn too, I think I may have had one of those and an egg tart from the bakery in there every day I visited :rolleyes1 That's ok on holidays, right!? It sounds like Chef Mickey hasn't changed too, I loved the atmosphere of that place, as well as Enchanted Garden over at HKDL Hotel. Oh, how I want to go back :goodvibes

Thank you for sharing all your wonderful photos and experience. I loved my stay at both of the hotels too. Did you notice much construction going on between the 2 hotels for the 3rd edition? I hope to return once it is built. I love the caramel popcorn too, I think I may have had one of those and an egg tart from the bakery in there every day I visited :rolleyes1 That's ok on holidays, right!? It sounds like Chef Mickey hasn't changed too, I loved the atmosphere of that place, as well as Enchanted Garden over at HKDL Hotel. Oh, how I want to go back :goodvibes

Oh sorry, I just saw your post! I've been busy - lol! I did notice the construction - when I was there there was a ginormous pile of dirt and dump trucks piling up more. I am so thrilled to hear about the theme for the third hotel - sounds fantastic and I hope I get to stay there!

ry%3D400

Arriving to a long queue but lovely Christmas music helped pass the time.

ry%3D400

The Christmas tree on Main Street!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This was basically why I planned this trip - I wanted to see all the Christmas decorations, to listen to the carols and enjoy the season. I did have to work on Christmas Day so this was a very nice time to celebrate the season! :santa::santa::santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter