Trip Report for Vero

lovinthemouse

DIS Veteran
We just returned from another fantastic Spring Break trip to Vero Beach. It was nothing less than wonderful. This year we had a 1 bdrm. Though the room was very nice, I found myself missing the OVIR we had last year. Our DD 10 and her friend loved having the extra space. I missed being able to open the door and hear the waves.

The weather was great. Perfect sunshine and temps for the week. I recommend this to anyone.

We also did a night at OKW and a night at SSR. Each of these were great too. I can see why people love both. We own at SSR and it was our first stay there and I loved it. I loved the size and the choices in pools.

We also got to preview the Animal Kingdom rooms. WOW!!! Those are going to be so nice. The fact that a 1 bdrm has 2 bathrooms is very nice. We found that would have been handy this week. Now I can't wait to go to WDW in July.:goodvibes :cool1:

Thanks for your trip report. It sounds like you had a great time. We are heading to OKW in July!!

I do have a question...do you own at Vero or did you make the reservation at the 7 month mark?? We are planning to go at Easter next year and I am wondering how hard it is to get a reservation at this time.

Thanks for your trip report. It sounds like you had a great time. We are heading to OKW in July!!

I do have a question...do you own at Vero or did you make the reservation at the 7 month mark?? We are planning to go at Easter next year and I am wondering how hard it is to get a reservation at this time.

We do not own there. We have been twice and booked at the 7 month window each time. Don't wait though. I wanted to change to a OVIR at around the 6 month window and it was completely booked.

Where are the one bedrooms located? I guess you are not able to get an ocean view from the way that your post read.

We had a 1 bdrm and it did have an ocean view, but from what I understand its the luck of the draw and we were lucky this time. We loved Vero and look forward to our next visit there.

Glad you had a great trip! We just put in a request for a VB contract; out of all the DVC resorts, VB is the only place that I'd be totally heartbroken if I could not get a reservation. It's a lovely resort.

Where are the one bedrooms located? I guess you are not able to get an ocean view from the way that your post read.

We had a beautiful view. It was just the luck of the draw. I just missed the sounds of the ocean. We were in building 14 on the 3rd floor room 1436.

Thanks for the great report.

We are heading to BCV in June and a small trip to VB in Aug. DW can't wait for a relaxing vacation.

Hi! We must have been there when you were!

We had a 2 bedroom, and it faced the ocean so we could hear the ocean but couldn't see it because we were on the lower level. Love that resort, so peaceful, and the weather WAS perfect! We've booked Spring break at the 7 month window several times successfully as well. I agree, though, waiting much longer may guarantee disappointment. A local person told us they were planning to expand it...don't know if there's any truth to that.

If they do, I hope they do something about the pool. While it is beautiful, it is too small the way it is run. My one disappointment (other than a couple of minor housekeeping issues) was the whole idea that one had to be at the pool reserving space by 8:30 am or there would probably be no chair to sit in for the rest of the day. We watched several days while chairs sat unused most of the day with people's things on them, but person after person would roam the pool deck looking for a place to sit. My children didn't really need chairs so a couple of times we gave theirs away to a desperate looking adults spreading a towel on the pool deck. Disney had a sign up asking people to not reserve chairs, but nothing was done. Finally our last day there Disney put a message out on voicemail that unattended items left on pool chairs for more than an hour would be removed and could be claimed elsewhere.

OK, didn't mean to vent so much, but it is a situation Disney needs to do more about, especially if they are considering adding on..I saw a lot of unhappy guests.

Hi! We must have been there when you were!

We had a 2 bedroom, and it faced the ocean so we could hear the ocean but couldn't see it because we were on the lower level. Love that resort, so peaceful, and the weather WAS perfect! We've booked Spring break at the 7 month window several times successfully as well. I agree, though, waiting much longer may guarantee disappointment. A local person told us they were planning to expand it...don't know if there's any truth to that.

If they do, I hope they do something about the pool. While it is beautiful, it is too small the way it is run. My one disappointment (other than a couple of minor housekeeping issues) was the whole idea that one had to be at the pool reserving space by 8:30 am or there would probably be no chair to sit in for the rest of the day. We watched several days while chairs sat unused most of the day with people's things on them, but person after person would roam the pool deck looking for a place to sit. My children didn't really need chairs so a couple of times we gave theirs away to a desperate looking adults spreading a towel on the pool deck. Disney had a sign up asking people to not reserve chairs, but nothing was done. Finally our last day there Disney put a message out on voicemail that unattended items left on pool chairs for more than an hour would be removed and could be claimed elsewhere.

OK, didn't mean to vent so much, but it is a situation Disney needs to do more about, especially if they are considering adding on..I saw a lot of unhappy guests.

I was there about 2 years ago and noticed the same issue with "chair hogging" and I had hoped something would be done about it. We're going back on May 13th :banana: and I'd hate to have that same situation again. The last time we never went near the pool until about 5-6 pm when everyone went to dinner.

You have me conserned about the Chairs issue. i would hate to be closed out so to speak because of greedy people. I didn't realize the pool was that small. We always go to BCV and will be there for the week after 4 nights at Vero, kids have never swam in ocean, so we thought a week there would be a option. We do have OFIN room so that sounds like I did alright there. Is the ocean good there to swim in, how bout the beach, is it nice or do I need some kind of shoes or flipflops to walk around in? Should I give the kids Riptide 101 lessons, or is it no issue, or does disney advise on this subject. I have heard detailed revues about resort but not alot about the actual beach. Is it really hot or is it a light enough color to stay cool. Are the waves big and alot or small and few. :scared1: Is there any reefs near the disney beach, how about snorkeling right at resort. Sharks, jellyfish? :eek: Any danger you regular visitors can tell fellow DVC er. Thanks, maybe I should start a new thread with these ??

You have me conserned about the Chairs issue. i would hate to be closed out so to speak because of greedy people. I didn't realize the pool was that small. We always go to BCV and will be there for the week after 4 nights at Vero, kids have never swam in ocean, so we thought a week there would be a option. We do have OFIN room so that sounds like I did alright there. Is the ocean good there to swim in, how bout the beach, is it nice or do I need some kind of shoes or flipflops to walk around in? Should I give the kids Riptide 101 lessons, or is it no issue, or does disney advise on this subject. I have heard detailed revues about resort but not alot about the actual beach. Is it really hot or is it a light enough color to stay cool. Are the waves big and alot or small and few. :scared1: Is there any reefs near the disney beach, how about snorkeling right at resort. Sharks, jellyfish? :eek: Any danger you regular visitors can tell fellow DVC er. Thanks, maybe I should start a new thread with these ??

Remember that Spring Break is Vero's peak. We were there in late July and had no trouble getting poolchairs. I agree that the pool is a bit small, but it's a small resort - and in the summer months when ocean swimming picks up, the pool situation seemed managable.

The sand gets HOT and there is a ridge of shells and shell debris where the tide breaks, so cheap water shoes are a good investment. If you rent a beach chair, there is a beach rental spot as you head down the ramp to the ocean and a CM will immediately set up a chair wherever you want it. You can also sent boogie boards and boats, and there is plenty of surf to enjoy them. Last year, there was a snorklEARS class kids could sign up for.

The ocean itself is wild - but I think in a good way. Plenty of decent waves and shells. There is a riptide to watch out for, and there are sea turtles. The sand is grainy, but not muddy.

Vero:
13781536.83498a.jpg

13799971.b8f926.jpg

I enjoyed the ocean there, but I've been swimming in the ocean since I was in grade school. If you're new to ocean swimming, it might be a little intimidating.

The most important thing to know is how to get out of a rip current. Rip currents seem to occur fairly frequently on the atlantic coast of Florida and they can be really scary. You feel like the ocean is pulling you out and you can't get back in. The trick is to STAY CALM, and begin to swim parallel to shore-swim so you can keep the resort in sight and just go down the length of it until you can walk out. If you try and fight the rip current, you'll tire yourself out and that's when you get into trouble. Most lifeguards can spot a rip current and will keep bathers out, but they can still sneak up on you.

Glad you had a great trip! We just put in a request for a VB contract; out of all the DVC resorts, VB is the only place that I'd be totally heartbroken if I could not get a reservation. It's a lovely resort.

We bought a VB contract for the same reason.

We just returned from another fantastic Spring Break trip to Vero Beach. It was nothing less than wonderful. This year we had a 1 bdrm. Though the room was very nice, I found myself missing the OVIR we had last year. Our DD 10 and her friend loved having the extra space. I missed being able to open the door and hear the waves.

I know what you mean. We alternate from trip to trip between the OVIR and the 1 bdrm. We love the kitchen, laundry, and space of the 1, but love the direct view and sounds of the ocean. :cloud9:

So you made the decision... I'm jealous... I hint to DW that we should, but I think until we have trouble booking at 7 we won't be making a move. Congratulations.

I've never been to VB, but I'm originally from Charleston, SC and lived 5 minutes from the beach for most of my life. I would DEFINITELY give the kids those lessons before letting them go into the ocean, whether or not Disney offers the advice! And, I would recommend reminding/quizzing them at the beginning of every trip. I am much more willing to risk the rolled eyes than suffer the alternative.

It's all here:

I enjoyed the ocean there, but I've been swimming in the ocean since I was in grade school. If you're new to ocean swimming, it might be a little intimidating.

The most important thing to know is how to get out of a rip current. Rip currents seem to occur fairly frequently on the atlantic coast of Florida and they can be really scary. You feel like the ocean is pulling you out and you can't get back in. The trick is to STAY CALM, and begin to swim parallel to shore-swim so you can keep the resort in sight and just go down the length of it until you can walk out. If you try and fight the rip current, you'll tire yourself out and that's when you get into trouble. Most lifeguards can spot a rip current and will keep bathers out, but they can still sneak up on you.

So you made the decision... I'm jealous... I hint to DW that we should, but I think until we have trouble booking at 7 we won't be making a move. Congratulations.

:goodvibes The BWYWTS motto did not mean much to us, because I honestly didn't/don't have a strong preference among the DVC Disney resorts - I really could be totally content anywhere. Vero is, by far, the resort I feel that emotional attachment to. I know you understand the Vero love. :love:

Now I'll just have to see how long it takes for the right add-on size contract to come up. popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter